Saturday, March 10, 2018

March 10th, 2018 Practice This

March 10th, 2018 Practice This

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed connected with good support.

One of the things that really helps me is actively engaging in support interactions throughout the day. When someone reaches out to me, my hope is that it helps them--but it also helps me in big ways. One of the biggest things I had to learn along this road is, I didn't have to go it alone. In fact, what I discovered wasn't something new, but for me, it was because "I got this."  It took a long time to realize the goal wasn't to "get this," it was to "practice this." And the practice of a daily plan is what ultimately keeps me well.

It's about progress not perfection, and a practice. I think as long as I keep the practice up and running, I remain open to learn and grow.

There's rarely a day passing where I don't hear from someone either in person or via message, email, or otherwise, commenting on and complimenting my continued maintenance. I sincerely appreciate every single word. But rest assured, I do not take my maintenance for granted.

I ran into the store for coffee earlier this evening and was approached by a nice man who said, "you're a role model for weight loss and keeping it off." I graciously thanked him for the compliment, adding, "it's a daily practice, for sure. I'm grateful for each day." But inside my head I was thinking--Oh no-- let's don't say role model because Lord knows my plan and practice could use some serious tweaks in a few departments... Let's say instead, an example of how an imperfect practice of a personal plan can yield great results while being open to improvement and growth.

Cindy and her two youngest were in town today- we took the opportunity to get together and share a meal. Hanging out with those three was a wonderful highlight today. I spent some time with mom this evening, too, and I must report, she's doing better than ever. Mom is completely off the oxygen. She's stronger and her spirits are in great shape, especially since she received her new phone!

I spoke with my oldest daughter today. She's 9-months pregnant and due literally any minute, anytime, any day---it could happen right now--and will very soon. We're very excited to meet little Raegan. My youngest isn't far behind. Courtney is 8-months pregnant with Emery. Two granddaughters will join Oliver and Noah very soon! It's an exciting time! Just for the record, I'm 46. I feel like I should be much older for these kinds of blessings--four grandchildren!!! But hey, the benefits of starting out way too young!!

We lose an hour of sleep tonight when we spring forward for daylight savings time. I plan on sleeping in well and then, well rested, working on preparations for my upcoming workshop.

I sincerely hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.