Saturday, March 3, 2018

March 3rd, 2018 Couldn't Help It

March 3rd, 2018 Couldn't Help It

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with good support.

I started today feeling the positive effects of a solid eight hours rest. I don't get enough--and truly, it's been a long-running issue with me. I certainly feel the difference when I do get enough!

A visit with some family from my hometown was canceled today, so I went ahead and picked up mom and Noah as planned and we made our way out and about. We enjoyed lunch out, a trip to Walmart, the park, and finally because it was too windy at the park, the indoor PlayPlace at McDonald's. Noah had a great time and so did mom. I did too! Cindy dropped by for a little while on her way back home, joining us for lunch and the Walmart excursion before hitting the highway. Cindy's visit was an unexpected surprise and added to the fun!

After driving Noah home and taking mom back to her place, I made a quick store run. I always go in with a short list in mind, like tonight: Coffee and gouda--and it never fails, I end up with a few more items. Well!! I couldn't help it--a three pack of red, yellow, and orange bell peppers for $2.29 was a steal-- and a pound of strawberries for $1.19...uh, yeah, I need some of those! I had dinner ingredients waiting at home, so it wasn't anything I needed for dinner prep--but I can't resist great deals!

I keep my meal options open. For some, planning meals well in advance works better. For me, I like to have a few options that work for my food plan, then deciding on the meal the day of, or even at the last minute, works. One personal rule I maintain is always logging the ingredients in MyFitnessPal prior to eating. This way, if it's too much for the calorie budget, I can easily scale it back before the meal, instead of adding it up later--running the risk of forgetting ingredients and being shocked by the number or exceeding budget.




I decided on oven "fried" catfish tonight. I found fresh catfish filets on sale yesterday for $3.99 a pound! I ordered a pound. That easily makes two meals for me! Can you tell I'm a bargain shopper?

The weighing and measuring everything at home and work is a non-negotiable for me. I don't take a food scale to restaurants, but the experience I've gained in weighing and measuring everything at home and work informs my "approximate" amounts while dining out. It's a necessary part of my continued recovery and maintenance because my brain can't be trusted with this stuff! I need a fair measure of certainty in my calorie budget calculations--and my trusty food scales provide the certainty and better prepares me away from home and work.

I'm hitting the pillow within minutes. I plan on another good night's rest.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.