Tuesday, March 6, 2018

March 6th, 2018 Some Perspective

March 6th, 2018 Some Perspective

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed connected with support!

I also received a tremendous outpouring of support concerning last night's blog post. Thank you, thank you--I sincerely appreciate every single comment, message, text, and email. It really helped me process things much better. I needed some perspective!

Losing three brothers in different ways and all at ages way too young is something of a ridiculous long-shot. I think I have a shade or several shades of "survivors guilt." If you were to go back a decade or more, I was most likely on a path to die young. I spent nearly twenty years at 500-pounds and somehow, by the Grace of God, I'm still here. And they're not. It doesn't seem fair for them--and feels overly generous for me.

It's been one of those "busy but good" days. I'm hitting the pillow a little later than I intended, but still earlier than usual for a Tuesday night.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

4 comments:

  1. I don't get here as much as I used to, but just realized you stopped the tweeting and posting of your daily food on here and twitter. In it was it's like a loss for me too. I used to enjoy the posts and got many ideas for my own daily food recipes from them. I still remember that meal we had at Guadalajara at Boulder Station and before you ate you had to tweet out the meal. I felt a part of that process that day, kind of looking behind the curtain at the wizard doing his work. End of an era, but I'm sure the time savings for you are immense. But still, a small part of me will miss the comfort of those tweets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping this blog going. I find it a source of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean, are you no longer doing your daily meal posts on twitter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sean previously wrote - I will always have my MyFitnessPal food diary set to public and I welcome all friend requests on the MFP platform. My MFP username: SeanAAnderson
      The daily logging continues.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.