Saturday, May 12, 2018

May 12th, 2018 Photo Heavy

May 12th, 2018 Photo Heavy

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with good support.

I did another location broadcast from a grocery store today. It was a good broadcast and an opportunity to save some money on petite sirloins! This will be a photo heavy post...
What? Doesn't everyone wear shades at the grocery store? 

























Look who joined me for
shopping! It's Cindy!






















That wasn't my only store trip today. I get certain things at certain stores. I dropped by Aldi on my way home from visiting mom this evening and look who I ran into there!!!
It's my oldest grandson, Noah!





















It was a wonderful surprise to find my youngest daughter, Lucas, and three of my four grandchildren at Aldi. I had just tried to call Courtney before pulling into the parking lot. She didn't answer, so I thought--I bet she has her hands full--and yep, she did!
Courtney, Phoebe's feet, Noah, and Oliver!




















My favorite store picture of these three adorable little cuties was one Courtney shared the other day...
Noah, Phoebe, and Oliver doing some shopping!















It's been a blessed Saturday, for sure, and I'm grateful in so many ways for so many things.

I was looking through before pictures earlier this evening.
























13 years old and 300 pounds

















































With my grandpa















When I look at "before" pictures, I no longer take a negative perspective. I see a boy and a man who developed coping mechanisms to deal with the uncertainties of life, past and present. My dependency on excess food to help me through life certainly took its toll physically.

But you know what?

There's little difference between "before" and now.

I still have issues. I still have uncertainties past and present. I still have fears. I still have regrets. I still feel lost sometimes.

The difference for me is this daily practice I do my best to embrace. It isn't perfect. It never will be perfect. Instead of a dependency on excess food, I suppose I'm dependent on the mental, emotional, spiritual, and psychological side of my plan and dependent on a structured food plan that helps keep me well.

But, it's not easy. My life has never been easy.

But I'm blessed. I'm grateful.

I have gratitude for blessings I couldn't see while back in the grip of food addiction. I'm not cured. It isn't curable, I don't believe, but it's manageable.

Today's Featured Tweets:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.