Tuesday, August 7, 2018

August 7th, 2018 I'll Take The Medicine

August 7th, 2018 I'll Take The Medicine

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

One of the things that really helps me is actively engaging in support interactions throughout the day. When someone reaches out to me, my hope is that it helps them--but it also helps me in big ways. One of the biggest things I had to learn along this road is, I didn't have to go it alone. You will never again hear me say or read these words from me: "I got this."  It took a long time to realize the goal wasn't to "get this," it was to "practice this." And the practice of a daily plan is what ultimately keeps me well.

It's about progress not perfection, and a practice. I think as long as I keep the practice up and running, I remain open to learn and grow.

There's rarely a day passing where I don't hear from someone either in person or via message, email, or otherwise, commenting on and complimenting my continued maintenance. I sincerely appreciate every single word. But rest assured, I do not take my maintenance for granted. It takes a daily practice to help keep me well.

So--if it takes a daily practice for the rest of my life, then it's up to me to make that daily practice something I can truly embrace, enjoy, and practice indefinitely. As new information comes about or new learning happens, I'm always free to define and refine my plan along the way. If I ever wake up and decide I don't need this daily practice, it doesn't mean I don't, but it might certainly mean it needs a closer look and perhaps some changes. And if I still, someday, think I don't need a daily practice-- oh boy...that's when it all goes to hell in a handbasket.

The daily practice is medicine for my disease.

I'll take the medicine.

Today's Featured Tweet:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.