Wednesday, August 1, 2018

August 1st, 2018 About Time

August 1st, 2018 About Time

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Time is magical in its powers...As much as I say “don't worry about time,” it's a crucial part of this journey. What I mean is, don't stress about the amount of time this journey will take, just let time work for you. I've allowed time to work for me. We all progress at different speeds, and the passage of time makes things easier to handle, firms new habits, and shows us amazing results. Time does wonders if...and this is a big IF...if we remain consistent, holding up our end of the deal.

Otherwise, time can be very cruel, it'll pass on by without any regard to our situation and wellness. Time doesn't care what we do. Its job is to keep moving. If we do our job, and time is doing its job, then amazing results follow in little time.

“I wish I had more time." What if we stopped spending all that time wishing for more time and made the best use of the time we have...we'd be surprised at what we can do in a short amount of time.

Maybe we didn't need as much time as we thought. And when we've made the best use of our time, then we're actually giving ourselves more time later. Time for a new paragraph.

Time doesn't really care what we do. Time keeps moving right along like clockwork because it is clockwork. No matter what we do in the next twelve months, it's still going to be August 1st, 2019 in one year. Time is consistent. I wanted to be consistent too. I had to dig deep in order to wrangle my impatient personality.

I finally realized: I really needed to forget about time.

Time doesn't need me to worry about it, it'll keep moving right along without any help or hindrance. I was starting at over 500 pounds, so naturally, I thought a lot about the time I needed--and the time I hoped to have. You never know how much time you have left when you've been morbidly obese your entire life.

I didn't start making consistent progress until I shifted my focus away from time and moved it instead to what I needed to do each day to succeed just one more day.

Days add up quickly especially when we're not paying attention to time. And when we do take the time to notice the time, we're most usually surprised--thrilled, actually!

We've all been in a situation where we were watching the seconds tick by on a clock conveniently positioned near our face. Maybe you were in class, or in a doctors office, or at work. When you constantly focus on the clock it can feel like forever! That's why I don't. Time will do its thing, and I'll do mine. You do your thing.

Today's Featured Tweet:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.