Monday, May 4, 2009

Day 231 A Visit From Mom and Double Taters 'N Ice Cream

Day 231

A Visit From Mom and Double Taters 'N Ice Cream!

I really enjoyed having my mother here overnight. She stressed out really good about me walking in the rain last night. It was kind of like I was 10 all over again. Very cool. I'm very proud of my mom, she's really learning some wonderful things about losing weight and exercising, and as she puts that knowledge to work it's going to change her life for the better. Slowly but surely I feel like I'm breaking through in my struggle to deprogram her thinking about how to lose weight. Like many people, my dear mother has read just about every book out there on the topic. Whenever I go to the store with her, she's always attracted to the books, and 90% of the time it's because of a weight loss related headline or title. She's absorbed all of this information over the years and the result is often times confusion on what is right and what is wrong. The truth is almost every “diet” can give you temporary results. But until you stop searching for “diets” and start dealing with proper portions and real food in a responsible way, it'll always be temporary. The mental part of this journey mustn't be ignored, the learning part of this journey cannot be substituted with anything else, these are the elements that change lives and physiques forever. When I started 231 days ago, I knew that I had to find the “forever part” somehow, someway. Because temporary results were of no value to me. I wanted to really be free. I want my family and friends that are struggling to be free too. That's why I'm so driven to share what I've learned and experienced along the way. For my mothers sake, I sometimes wish someone else was writing this blog. She reads every single day, but I'm never confident that she's fully grasping the message I'm communicating because I'm her son. Don't get me wrong, she believes in me and is extremely proud of my accomplishments, but that's just it, she's so busy thinking “I'm so proud of him,” that maybe she's not clearly seeing the simplistic approach I'm presenting. I love you mom, and I know you're reading this, but I want you to pretend that it's not me behind this blog. I want you to trick yourself into thinking that you're reading one of the many books you own on the topic. I guess it would help if I didn't write an entire paragraph about you huh? Remember our many conversations, and remember that you can do this without making it difficult or restricting. Someday in the next year or so, we'll have a wonderful celebration for all who've read this blog, have traveled through their own journey, and can make it to Ponca City, Oklahoma. On that night, if you haven't already, you really must meet my mother, she's an awesome woman!

We fell short of our planned Sunday 10K goal. I did the 10K last night and it was wonderful. Today I realized that I too created a small blister on my heel. I didn't notice until I laced up the sneakers for the trail this evening. We have to take good care of our feet along this journey. So a 10K proved to be a little too adventurous and potentially damaging today. We still have walked over 15 miles in the last four days, and we plan on knocking out a pre “Lose To Win” final weigh-in 5K tomorrow afternoon when Courtney gets out of school. It'll be a wonderful little push right before we jump on the scale around 5pm. The final weigh-in is open all day from 8am to 6pm, and I'll actually be there broadcasting from 6am to 10am. Irene, Courtney and I will weigh-in together in the late afternoon like we have from the beginning. I did receive a message from Brandon and he was happy to report that he completed what he called a “Sean Anderson 10K” today at the trail. That guy has it on straight. It's been wonderful to have him on our team! This two month “Lose To Win” Challenge came along at the perfect time for me to be involved. I don't know if I would have participated had it come along a year ago. It's been a wonderful timing thing. It's a real pleasure to speak at the events, and for me, I look at it as experience for my future career as a motivational/inspirational weight loss speaker. I'm very serious about that plan. It really is all I want to do for the rest of my life. I can't think of anything more fulfilling than sharing my journey with people and inspiring them to do the same.

Another weekend is coming to an end and tomorrow's weigh-in will be an amazing thing for so many people. I can't wait to find out the grand total of pounds lost by everyone. I know it'll be mind blowing! I'm so proud of everyone who have made serious breakthroughs in this program, and from what some have told me, this is the first time they've ever been able to really lose weight effectively. The “Lose To Win” program has been a true blessing to this community. It's been such an honor to be a part of it all.

I had mashed potatoes and gravy twice today and ice cream twice today. Sounds crazy right? No, not at all. A regular portion of potatoes and gravy with a couple of teaspoons of gravy is extremely manageable calorie wise checking in anywhere from 120 to 160 calories. It just worked out to be a part of my lunch and then again at dinner. Kind of unusual, but nothing wrong with it at all. The ice cream was low fat soft serve cones, at 150 a piece. I love losing weight! Thank you for reading. Good night and...

Good Choices,
Sean

5 comments:

  1. Do you have any tips for the mental aspect of the change?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sean,

    I see you want to be a motivational speaker. If I can be of assistance, let me know. I'm also glad to lend a hand to aspiring speakers.

    Scott "Q" Marcus
    THINspirational speaker & columnist

    ReplyDelete
  3. well sean baby...i love reading your blog and i cant even begin to tell you how proud i am of you!! Iam so happy that you feel better and i can see it in everythng you do!.. you have a true calling baby the way you speak to people the way you get said what you want to get said and just the overall motivation that you are and will be for so many people you inspire people...people that werent and had no plan to change what they were doing people that want to and dont know how to...you my dear are inspiring motivating and showing them how to and explaining how you are doing it is making people want to make better choices as well...AMAZING that is what you are You have touched so many and before you are done You will touch so many more!!! Just want to tell you how proud iam of you, What a wonderful person you are... and how lucky people are to have you to talk to them everyday, and read what you have to say about your struggles and triumphs and your day to day one day at a time success....I love you and i couldnt be prouder of you for this if i tried!! Keep it up baby your mountain is getting more like a hill everyday every step of the way!!..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree with myRene more, Sean. We are very lucky to have your blog to read everyday... to inspire, encourage and lead those wanting to follow in your life-changing footsteps. This is a great thing that you are doing, and for so many people. I have said it before and I will say it again... You are contagious! You personality coupled with your drive make people want to instill change in thier own lives. You would be a great motivational speaker and I hope you follow through with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DITTO what the girls said!!! I still say you need to keep your biggest pair of pants and show them when doing your motivational speaking! It's a visual...and seeing is believing! I'm looking forward to the weigh-in results! I hope all the losers keep up their good work when it's all over. It puts a new twist on being 'a winner at a losing game'!!! Keep up the good work, we need you! ..

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.