Thursday, June 11, 2020

June 11th, 2020 All Things Considered

June 11th, 2020 All Things Considered

Since our last edition: I've maintained the integrity of my food plan boundaries, I've remained refined sugar-free, I've met or exceeded my daily water goal, I've enjoyed some really good walks, a couple of RecPlex Elliptical visits, and a few body-weight strength routines. I've also stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Lately, I've felt good despite a decent list of things to not feel great about. I'm learning how to practice faith. It's never too late, right? The thing most helpful for me seems to be focusing on gratitude instead of focusing on things for which I have little control. When I'm hyper-focused on the things I don't like, I seem to attract more. When I'm hyper-focused on the things I don't like I'm also blinded to the blessings. That's a double whammy, right? If I practice that negative focus, I get more of things I don't like and I can't see the good. If I stay focused on the things I don't like, it's harder for me to recognize the difference between things out of my control and things for which I can control. Suddenly, everything feels out of my control, and soon, if I stay in that vein of focus, hopelessness sets in and takes over. However, as I dive deeper into practicing faith and staying focused on gratitude, I'm discovering blessings, solutions, and paths previously unrecognized.

I've enjoyed some good visits with mom lately. We regularly visit on the Facebook Portal, via phone, and in-person, separated by the glass front door. Mom's spirits seem to be in a good place. Some days are better than others, of course, but all things considered--she's well and that's the thing.

I had a good visit over the weekend with my youngest daughter and my soon-to-be 7-year-old grandson Noah. Time moves quickly!! My goodness, it does! I was too late to visit with Oliver and Phoebe, two of my younger grandkids because they keep a consistent sleep schedule. Next time I visit them, I plan on asking for some tips!

































































Precious times, for sure.

Last Saturday, one of my longtime friends and current member of the private support group I facilitate, made her way to Ponca City and we were able to visit over lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant. Susan has lost over one hundred pounds so far and continues to move forward with her daily practice toward her healthiest weight. It is such an awesome thing to witness someone's transformation. Susan and I actually share a before photo, snapped twenty years ago after one of my standup gigs. We were both at our heaviest weight in the photo. I've shared it before. I'll post that again someday, I'm sure. I'm so very happy for her. She's doing the work. She's absolutely doing the work. Susan brought a friend of hers and the three of us visited, laughed, and of course, we took a series of goofy pictures, because that's what we do.



















My morning foundational routine is complete, my food is planned for today, and I'm prepared for a good Thursday ahead. Thank you for following along!

Social Sean Accountability Postings:




































Do you own an "I'm Choosing Change" wristband? I wear mine daily as a constant reminder of why my daily practice of things is important. For me, it's simply a daily reminder to be open, willing, mindful, to pause, and to be intentional. If I'm not those things, I get stuck at the line of least resistance and back there is where the old patterns and behaviors thrive. Your order includes priority shipping so you'll get it quickly! Here's the link to order yours right now: https://imchoosingchange.com/product/wristband/

My website shares a phone number with my podcast, Transformation Planet, and it's always available for you! Have a question? Want to share your story? Leave a voicemail or Text me! 580-491-2228 I'll text you back!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

My website: www.imchoosingchange.com

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.