Wednesday, March 29, 2017

March 29th, 2017 Not A Failure

March 29th, 2017 Not A Failure

I'm behind on most everything. I'm behind on emails, messages, work projects, and my latest podcast episode, among a few other things. I realized today how much stress and anxiety I create when I focus on what I can't do in this moment, instead of what I can do in this moment. Doesn't that describe most of what can hold us back from just about anything? 

The truth is: This is a very short, temporary thing--The weather coverage didn't help the situation, of course--but this busy time will level off very soon and things will calm. The self-imposed thoughts of "failure" aren't true. I'm not a failure.

The changeover at work is going well. The more I learn, the more I'm comfortable with the changes. It's comforting to know we'll have strong support long after the factory reps leave on Friday.

I'm super-tired. I'm cutting tonight's edition short. I had a good visit with mom tonight before heading back home.

Oh--by the way-- cloud bread... Heard of it? A friend of mine made some today and shared it with me. I requested exact ingredients and amounts used--and oh my-- these little, non-bread, no carb, no sugar "puffs" are fantastic. Three eggs, three tablespoons 1/3 less fat cream cheese, and 1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter--that's it...it makes twelve. I don't know how she made it--but those are the ingredients, divided by twelve cloud bread minis-- 26 calories each.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed connected with excellent support.

Today's Accountability Tweets:






























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

3 comments:

  1. That cloud bread looks so pretty! Please pass on the full recipe if you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. I remember making that "bread" back in 2010. it wasn't called "cloud breat" then and I forget what it was called. Someone may remember the name, and if they do, it can be easily found on line. Not hard to make at all. I, of course, abused it and had to quit making it. Even faux carbs are not safe for me. Sighhh.

    As far as the schedule/task completion. Sean, there is only so many hours in the day. Seriously. Your work schedule is so unreasonable. I wonder if t's time for a sit-down with you boss, your hours worked in hand.

    Of course, it may be all worked out in a way that is fair...but sure doesn't sound like it. Some people are overly responsible abut work, taking responsibility for what is not theirs to take or reasonable to expect. Again, that may not be your case, but there have been many "this is only temporary" schedule abuses.

    When I quit my job? They hired TWO people to replace me. Seriously. What does that say about my willingness to do more than is reasonable? I realized, during as well as after, that I gained a lot of self-worth from my job. Felt competence. The cost was high; I paid the price with my health.

    W pray that you and your employer have wisdom as to how your work schedule can benefit you both.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! They were called Oopsie Rolls. Recipes are on line under both names.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.