Friday, November 10, 2017

November 10th, 2017 Bigger Points

November 10th, 2017 Bigger Points

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed connected with good support.

Those words mean a lot to me. They may not look that way--because they're almost identical every night--but I assure you, these things keep me well. And that's super-important to me.

My company left this evening. We all got together for lunch out with mom before they hit the road. It was a great week of visiting, catching up, and enjoying the time together. I know mom enjoyed all of the activities!

I've had a couple days off in a row and I'll take a couple more this weekend.

This blog means so much to me and I'm so grateful for what it's brought me over the years. I guess I'm feeling a little nostalgic tonight. It's been an amazing 9 years. It's become a big part of my daily "rails of support" even on days when I don't have much to say--no weight loss philosophy or personal epiphanies to share--there's plenty of that stuff in the archives, and I'm certainly not done sharing in these pages--but, even on a day like today, to simply give thanks for this day--and for all I've been given--and just be-- just be okay--is a blessing to me.

I could write details about the maneuvering I've done and the choices made to keep the plan intact--but those things aren't the biggest points. I could share about the obstacles and challenges--and that old pull to dive into the food in pursuit of something it doesn't contain...oh yes--I could write 50,000 words on that topic... but not tonight--because it isn't the point.

Acceptance, embrace, peace, and calm. Those are the bigger points.

I wish those things for anyone and everyone as they work toward finding their own unique "You Plan." It's a fragile thing, those things, because they require daily practice--and they do because they're not an automatic-guaranteed type deal. Anyway-- I said no philosophy or epiphanies tonight, so I'll stop now.

This is a diary--and I can share whatever I desire--whatever I need to share. I don't know. 

Maybe I'm missing my little brother tonight. Perhaps I'm thinking about my dad, whom I haven't spoken to in some time-- or maybe the sadness on mom's face as she kissed her sister goodbye-- a sadness she carried back to her room when I took her back tonight-- I don't know. 

Maybe nostalgic wasn't the right word. I don't know. For whatever reason, just feeling emotional tonight. I'm feeling it. I'm not eating it. And considering my years of experience with the fruitless pursuit of emotional eating, that's one thing I'll consider a miracle.

I hope you have a restful night and a great Saturday.
 
Today's Accountability Tweets:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.