Wednesday, November 22, 2017

November 22nd, 2017 If I Could

November 22nd, 2017 If I Could

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded today's calorie budget, and I stayed connected with support.

The changing of the seasons from summer to fall was always a popular time for me to start weight loss attempts. Thanksgiving was never far away and it almost always signaled the beginning of the end. The only time it didn't stop my efforts cold, was when I started losing weight in the fall of 2008. My approach to that Thanksgiving was structured with a plan. I fully believed if I could maintain the integrity of that plan I could accomplish two things: I could enjoy Thanksgiving and stay on track beyond the special day. I made my plan important. I made me important. And for once in my life, Thanksgiving didn't signal the beginning of the end, it was the beginning of a new weight loss perspective.

Tomorrow will mark my 10th Thanksgiving along this transformation road and the 4th since starting recovery from relapse/regain. I have a plan and a set of non-negotiable elements ready to go. I've been in maintenance mode for over two years--and I promise, there's not a pie or a trigger food worth trading my peace and calm.

I'll indulge in several things... in conversation, in taking pictures, in giving hugs and catching up with loved ones. I'll focus on gratitude, giving thanks for my many blessings and expressing to people how much I appreciate them. It will be a great day because my focus will not be fixed on the buffet line. My focus will remain where it needs to be in order for me to have the most wonderful day possible.

I'll also continue my Thanksgiving tradition of making additional support contacts. I ramp it up on Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today's Accountability Tweets:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.