Wednesday, November 15, 2017

November 15th, 2017 Change The Pattern

November 15th, 2017 Change The Pattern

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed connected with good support.

I made a very fast trip to my hometown tonight in order to grab some super produce deals at Sprouts. Eighty-eight cent per pound apples, eighty-eight cent avocados, thirty-nine cent per pound sweet potatoes, and a few other deals were set to end tonight. I did the math and realized it did pay to make the drive. Of course, it involved a fast dinner out, so maybe that made up for the savings--but hey, I'm stocked on several staples of my food plan and I had a chance to enjoy Chipotle--and I really love Chipotle! 

It's important for me to have what I need, where I need it, when I need it--I call it the Three W's--and that's related to the Three P's: Planning, preparing, and packing. I can't do the P's without the W's! These things help me honor my maintenance plan each day.

I RSVP'd for a special dinner tomorrow late-afternoon at mom's place. The nursing center is preparing a traditional Thanksgiving-style meal for family and friends of residents. Mom is really looking forward to this event. She reminded me twice today to RSVP. I'm fairly confident I can navigate the food well. I know the boundaries of my plan, and with the exception of no refined sugar (a non-negotiable), I'm flexible.

The daily practice continues. And it certainly is a practice. I feel like I'm coasting of late. There are things; challenges I'm in need of embracing--and I know from experience, if it is to happen, I must be willing to change the pattern. And isn't that a big part of what we're doing? We're changing the patterns of the past.

Today's Accountability Tweets:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.