Thursday, November 23, 2017

November 23rd, 2017 Key For Me

November 23rd, 2017 Key For Me

On a day like today, I do my best to maintain a food schedule like any other day. This is key for me and my plan. I enjoyed a normal breakfast, utilized a one-plate, no seconds--no refined sugar food plan for Thanksgiving dinner, and ended up having a late dinner. I like to be somewhere around 1,500 calories before dinner and tonight it was 1,501. Mission accomplished! But really--the key for me isn't just about maintaining a food schedule or eating pattern.

The biggest key for me is NOT making food the star of the show. What I mean is just that-- It's important for me to NOT make food solely responsible for whether or not I enjoy an experience like today's 20+ person family get-together. I cannot count the number of times I've entered a get-together like this completely obsessing about the food-- what will it be, how much will there be, and how much do I get to eat?? Shifting focus to the people and experiences directly in front of me helps change things. How much real enjoyment did I miss over the years because I was obsessed with the food? It's hard to have a meaningful experience when my brain is laser focused on that last piece of pie or getting another plate full before the buffet line gets cleared away.

I enjoyed a good meal. Everything on my plate was things I enjoy eating. I didn't leave the event feeling deprived or somehow disappointed. I left with the same peace and calm I carried into the event. And that right there is why I must make my plan important enough to defend each day, every day--especially on a day like today.

I stayed exceptionally connected with support today because giving and receiving support is essential.

I do what I do because I want one more day--one more on-plan day where I can hit the pillow knowing I took care of me and defended the boundaries of my plan, well. I know from experience how fast and easy it can all slip away. That practice I'm always writing about--it keeps me well.

Irene and Allen were wonderful hosts for our big celebration. I really appreciated their hospitality!

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, I enjoyed a nice twenty-five-minute walk and talk with my Uncle Keith and some of the kids, and I stayed exceptionally connected in support communications.

Today's Accountability Tweets:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.