Tuesday, November 14, 2017

November 14th, 2017 Reasonable Expectations

November 14th, 2017 Reasonable Expectations

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with good support.

Yesterday I wrote about transformation perspective. Part of that recalled how I once placed expectations of happiness on my weight loss efforts. I've discovered happiness doesn't come from losing and maintaining, the same as money doesn't buy happiness. The idea that happiness was reserved for the magic moment the scale hit a certain number was an absurd one. That thinking I held for many years suggested that I wasn't capable or deserving of happiness as a 500-pound man--and that wasn't true. Happiness is deserved and created from within at any weight--and yesterday's post detailed strategy to help uncover the ability to recognize it, nurture it, and live it. It's an ability I firmly believe we all possess.

So what has weight loss and maintaining a healthy body-weight given me?

Better health.

I no longer have high blood pressure. I no longer show signs of sleep apnea. The lymphatic system in my legs still swells some, especially after a long day, but is very manageable and never gets to the horrific points it did years ago. My blood work in every category is in the optimal range. I seem to have better relationships. I recognize things and enjoy experiences in a better, deeper way. I notice the people around me more--and I'm able to be more present for those I care about. And there's certainly more. If I give it more thought, the list would likely be much bigger.

And these things are normal and reasonable expectations of weight loss and living a plan each day that keeps me well in maintenance.

Today's Accountability Tweets:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.