Tuesday, August 4, 2020

August 4th, 2020 The Living Part

August 4th, 2020 The Living Part

Since our last edition: I've maintained the integrity of my food plan boundaries, I've remained refined sugar-free, I've met or exceeded my daily water goal, and I've also stayed well connected with exceptional support.

I've often written about the beautiful gift it is to live life in a healthy weight range and how navigating that life-stream while maintaining the daily practices that help keep me well is a balancing of "streams:" the life-stream and fundamental elements stream. This past week has certainly been full of life and living in beautiful ways--but it's also come with challenges in regards to balancing those two important streams. The "living" part and the "take care of me" parts are never perfect and always in need of careful consideration. Sometimes I don't see it, that's why I have really good support friends and mentors who aren't shy in warning me when I start burning the candles at both ends. I'm grateful for their honesty even when it feels like a buzzkill to my "high on life" feeling. It's an important piece for me because, as with so many things that feel good, my regulator switch is often faulty. Know what I mean? If a little is great, I want it all, damn the consequences!

I'm pausing to consider the things I must make important in my continued recovery practice. That pause also considers small improvements I can make in terms of time management, exercise, and sleep patterns. That work continues and must continue to be an important consideration for me and my continued wellness. Now, the life-stream stuff....my goodness, my heart is full of gratitude as I recount the week.
 



















My mom visit this past week came on the same day the nursing home found a way to allow the stylist back in the building. This development was a big blessing for mom. She went straight from her hair appointment to our visit--and she was beaming.















Simply sitting across from one another in casual conversation while enjoying food and drink provides a measure of normalcy the past several months haven't allowed.
 














I had the opportunity to get back on stage Friday night to do a warmup standup set for comedian William Lee Martin. My sixteen-minute set was so much fun--and doing standup brings me so much joy. The writing, preparing, and doing can feel somewhat anxious at times--but to get that rush again, it was a beautiful gift to start the weekend.




















The show went very well. Of course, my brain picked apart my set--which isn't a good thing when you don't immediately have a second show to try some changes. I owe a huge debt of gratitude to my professional comedian buddy Joey Callahan and my mentor and comedy writer Dave--they both helped me craft things and find some calm perspective going into this set. It had been over a year since I was on stage in this way.

It was a late night Friday and an early morning Saturday--up for two location broadcasts, one at a Farmer's Market and another at a grocery store event. I love these because I'm able to pick up things I need for my food plan and work at the same time. Multitasking!!!

 
























I was able to enjoy a breakfast in between broadcasts thanks to my friend Susan, who was in town for the show the night before. Susan, as I've shared before, (and she's shared via her testimonial) is one of the members of my private support group. She's in the middle of her very own incredible transformation and developing her set of daily practices along the way. She and one of her besties made a weekend out of it, enjoying the standup show on Friday and the shopping Ponca offers on Saturday. Susan was able to preorder my breakfast enabling me to enjoy it in the small time window between location broadcasts. Thank you, Susan!

























After the broadcasting work was done, it was Noah time. I picked him up for his weekly guitar lesson---and we enjoyed a fantastic conversation to and from that appointment. 


























The time we spend together is precious. It won't be long until the younger ones are old enough for us to enjoy these things together. My goodness, that's even more reason for me to continue the effort of finding balance with everything good along the way.

Episode 23 of my podcast Transformation Planet is available! This one is a longer more involved episode. But still, I'm proud that I didn't turn it into a huge thing---it was simple and fun. You'll hear mom on this episode, a clip of my standup routine, and a wonderful interview with Dede (also a member of my private support group), who is now more than three years into maintaining a healthy weight range with her own daily practice of things.



Daily Social Media Accountability Connections:

 


























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson

Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, Google Play for Android, Spotify, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 23 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Always nice to come back here from time to time and see you succeeding every day and having a positive impact on those around you, dude. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.