Tuesday, September 12, 2017

September 12th, 2017 Only Enough

September 12th, 2017 Only Enough

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with support.

I prepared a fantastic meal this evening. Meatloaf was a meal I avoided for some time because I just wasn't sure if I could properly/accurately weigh and measure the ingredients. But that was thinking in terms of a big multi-serving meatloaf. When I realized I could prepare an individual meatloaf using only enough ingredients, my perspective changed. Instead of crackers or breadcrumbs, I use fresh, chopped mushrooms, onions, bell pepper, and egg white, and refined sugar-free all natural tomato sauce. It takes a little extra time to weigh all ingredients, but it was worth every ounce of effort. And, it's super calorie value friendly! I used 93% lean beef tonight because that's what I had available, but normally I use the 96% lean. The calorie count of tonight's meatloaf--the whole thing, was 338 calories. And it was big enough to be divided in half for smaller calorie budgets. The roasted garlic and sour cream potatoes baked up nicely, too!
Ingredients list for this BIG 338 calorie meatloaf

















DDWL Flashback from December 17th, 2016 edition:
Weighing and measuring everything is an important part of my plan each day. It gives me a measure of certainty.

A party goer pulled me aside tonight specifically to mention and compliment me on my weight-loss maintenance. It's nice to receive that kind of positive feedback. I remembered the MyFitnessPal progress chart contains all of my weigh-ins, so I checked--this time last year I weighed 6 pounds heavier than I do today. I'm proud of that in a big way. And having experienced a monumental 164-pound relapse/regain, I don't take this maintenance mode for granted. I protect it each day by maintaining the integrity of my plan.

What's interesting to me is how I once thought of this level of extraordinary care as something that would make life harder--absolutely miserable--but that wasn't true. It's the opposite. Honoring my plan each day by doing what I do brings me tremendous joy--and continued weight maintenance.

Today's Accountability Tweets:
































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sean! I love meatloaf! Sometimes I portion it out in a muffin tin, other times I just measure it out into however many portions I want (using the scale) and just bake it little lumps on a cookie sheet. That way I have pre portioned leftovers for another day. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.