Monday, November 11, 2019

November 11th, 2019 Three Brave Men

November 11th, 2019 Three Brave Men

Since our last edition, I've maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I've remained refined sugar-free, I've met or exceeded my daily water goal, and I've stayed well connected with exceptional support.




















Today's post is in honor of all Veterans who have served our country. I'm proud to say that I'm the son of a Vietnam veteran and the grandson of two World War 2 veterans. Inside me is the DNA of three brave men who fought in horrific wars amid unimaginable conditions. They survived, somehow, someway. I'm grateful for them and their service.

The above collage includes upper left, my maternal grandfather, Roy Anderson, upper right, my paternal grandfather Silas Haynes, and bottom middle, my dad, Veyon Haynes.

When I think about their stories and what it took for them to make it through, I often wonder if some of their qualities and instincts trickled down to me in some way. I'm not a fighter, that's for sure. I've never been in a physical fight in my entire life. But I have been called a survivor many times. Perhaps there's some kind of survival code deeply embedded in me, passed down by these brave men. Again, I'm grateful.

Mom and I enjoyed an outing last night. It was the first since her hospitalization. We had to take oxygen along for it, but we made it work. Mom's nurse wasn't too thrilled with us, citing her condition and the fact that it's flu season. Mom loves getting out. She was about to go stir crazy. The nurse suggested dining in at the nursing home and perhaps just taking some after-dinner rides for a little while until mom builds up some strength.

My morning foundational routine is complete, my food plan for today is outlined, and I'm ready for today.   

Social Media Accountability Posts:




Do you own an "I'm Choosing Change" wristband? Here's the deal, I'm not a very good salesman. I haven't offered these consistently on this blog--yet, I have them available! I wear mine daily as a constant reminder of why my daily practice of things is important. I'm not alone, either. This powerful message is worn on the wrists of people in a dozen states, maybe more, I haven't counted--but it's up there!! From New York to California and from Canada all the way to Scotland, they're out there! For me, it's simply a daily reminder to be open, willing, mindful, to pause, and to be intentional. If I'm not those things, I get stuck at the line of least resistance and back there is where the old patterns and behaviors thrive. Your order includes priority shipping so you'll get it quickly! Here's the link to order yours right now: https://imchoosingchange.com/product/wristband/

My website shares a phone number with my podcast, Transformation Planet, and it's always available for you! Have a question? Want to share your story? Leave a voicemail or Text me! 580-491-2228 I'll text you back!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

My website: www.imchoosingchange.com

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.