Saturday, November 9, 2019

November 8th, 2019 Real or Imagined

November 8th, 2019 Real or Imagined

Since our last edition, I've maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I've remained refined sugar-free, I've met or exceeded my daily water goal, and I've stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Good morning! How quickly the weather can change here. It's been cold lately. The forecast today is calling for sunshine and 70's. I like that a lot! Even if it's just a day or two, it's nice. Our next "arctic cold blast," as they're calling it, moves in on Sunday night.

I used to use the weather as an outside force allowed to control me and ultimately control the consistency of my daily plan. Connecting deeply with the whys of this practice on Day 1 ended the dependency on Mother Nature's cooperation.

It goes deeper than the weather. I used to allow anything and everything to be a potential obstacle. Part of the perspective that kept me struggling at 500 pounds for almost twenty years was an intense focus on the obstacles. Even if something wasn't or certainly didn't have to become an obstacle, I could find a way to make it one. My focus on barriers of circumstance attracted and created more and more until I became a hopeless victim of the obstacles and barriers, real or imagined.

How was this obstacle based perspective serving me? It met a need, for sure--I mean, truly--everything we do meets some kind of need, right? Or we wouldn't do it.

When I stayed focused on the obstacles it effectively released me from taking personal responsibility for my behaviors and any kind of a practice that could help move me forward in a positive way. Suddenly, my only solution was to just keep on eating. What could I do? In my mind, nobody understood how hard it was for me. Nobody could see the long list of barriers holding me back.

The disease of food addiction and compulsive overeating coupled with an obstacle based perspective kills. This deadly combination straight up kills people every single day.

One thing I've learned from watching others and I've personally experienced is what happens when we stop fighting. When we reach a point of the rawest self-honesty things become much clearer. When we connect with others who get it because they got it, we realize we're not alone. Then we realize the addiction component driving our trajectory doesn't have to be a source of constant shame. Once we stop beating ourselves up it becomes much easier to embrace a whatever it takes perspective.

The transformation from an obstacle/barrier based perspective to a real solutions based perspective changes everything. Suddenly, we can find hope. Suddenly, we feel empowered. Damn the torpedoes, my friend!!! We're doing this. We're choosing change before change chooses us. It doesn't matter what we know, what we don't know, or what we think we know---The only thing that matters is what we do.

Here's the deal: I'm not an expert. I don't have all the answers. I'm not a guru. I must wake up each new day, humbly get down on my knees and admit, I don't got this. All I got is a willingness to do the things in this daily practice that help keep me well, just one more day. If I do that, despite the curveballs, despite the circumstances, despite the stress and emotion, and despite the weather--If I look for the real solutions instead of trying to find the obstacles... if I do the things that make up my personal daily mental/emotional/spiritual/physical practice, then I have the best chance of experiencing life in ways I never thought possible. A life guided by a power greater than myself. A life where living free from the bondage of morbid obesity is truly the least of the benefits. Living without the confines of morbid obesity is great, but there's so much more ahead of us.

Peace, calm, serenity--emotional, mental, and spiritual freedom... yes, yes, yes...the good stuff.

If you're interested in learning more from an actual expert in the field of food addiction/compulsive overeating, I highly recommend requesting Dr. Marty Lerners FREE e-book. I've learned so much from Dr. Lerner. It's a powerful read. Here's the link: https://www.milestonesprogram.org/ On the right-hand side of the screen, you'll enter your name and email address--then click "get it now," and it'll arrive in your email.

My morning foundational routine is complete, my food is planned, and I'm ready for a good Saturday. I'm headed to a location broadcast at a local car dealership. Here we go!! I hope you have an amazing Saturday!       

Social Media Accountability Posting:









Do you own an "I'm Choosing Change" wristband? Here's the deal, I'm not a very good salesman. I haven't offered these consistently on this blog--yet, I have them available! I wear mine daily as a constant reminder of why my daily practice of things is important. I'm not alone, either. This powerful message is worn on the wrists of people in a dozen states, maybe more, I haven't counted--but it's up there!! From New York to California and from Canada all the way to Scotland, they're out there! For me, it's simply a daily reminder to be open, willing, mindful, to pause, and to be intentional. If I'm not those things, I get stuck at the line of least resistance and back there is where the old patterns and behaviors thrive. Your order includes priority shipping so you'll get it quickly! Here's the link to order yours right now: https://imchoosingchange.com/product/wristband/

My website shares a phone number with my podcast, Transformation Planet, and it's always available for you! Have a question? Want to share your story? Leave a voicemail or Text me! 580-491-2228 I'll text you back!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

My website: www.imchoosingchange.com

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.