Wednesday, January 16, 2019

January 16th, 2019 What Is A Good Day?

January 16th, 2019 What Is A Good Day?

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Yesterday's rest was needed and this morning, I feel much better.

One of the things I've developed for my daily practice is a points system. I've assigned a point value to different elements of my plan. Each day, I aim for a certain amount of points. Hitting five points is fairly simple, hitting six or seven is really good, and anything beyond that is extraordinary. The idea is for this points system to provide a clearer idea of what is a "good" day, what is an "acceptable" day, and what makes an "extraordinary" day.

For example, one point is earned for the following: Morning foundational routine completed. Maintaining boundaries of food plan (within budget-No refined sugar-No trigger foods). Preparing all meals (in other words: a day without a restaurant meal). Staying connected with support friends. Exceeding my minimum 64oz minimum water goal. Midmorning meditation break. In bed by 10pm. Any night with seven hours or more of sleep. 20-30 minute walk.

Two points are earned with each elliptical or other sweat-inducing cardio workout and if I get back in the pool, swimming thirty-minutes earns three points.

I'll be assigning point values to more things as I move forward.

This system or tool for accurately assessing a particular day instead of a vague, "it was a good day," comes from one of my one on one mentoring clients. In the year-plus he and I have worked together, he's developed and connected better each day with the elements of his daily practice because of his point value system.

I'm open to anything designed to create more enthusiasm for the daily practice of elements that help keep me well.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 19 episodes waiting for you!

1 comment:

  1. You swim? Who knew, Idon'I recall ever reading that before. Great. I joined my local Y a few months ago just to swim. I look forward to hearing about it.

    (any more yoga classes?)

    --Chris

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.