Monday, January 21, 2019

January 21st, 2019 Time Moves

January 21st, 2019 Time Moves

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support. Thanks to swimming, I hit 7 stars yesterday!

I hit most of my goals this weekend. A big one was making it to the pool for a swim after a very long time. I've been saying more than three years--and that's right, but it's actually four. I made several swimming trips in 2014. I just realized this last night as I was reflecting on the weekend. Time moves quickly, huh?
On the left--a little apprehensive--the right, post-swim,
feeling great and happy I did it!

















It took a lot to overcome my insecurities back in 2014, but ultimately, I didn't maintain the perspective. I'd like to say I stopped swimming because of the extra time it involves--the changing, the showering, the changing again--but honestly, those things had little to do with why I stopped going. Those things took more energy and commitment, yes--but not near the mental energy and commitment required to let go of lifelong hangups and insecurities about my body. Surprisingly, I had very little of that mental junk yesterday. I'm not sure why either--I just didn't seem loaded down with it. Maybe I've really let most of it go, I don't know. Maybe I was more focused on meeting a goal than I was worried about what someone might think of my loose skin or damaged right leg (from the effects of lymphedema). It did feel good to break through that barrier once again. This time, my intention is to continue enjoying the experience on a more regular schedule. It's also a 3-star item on my Star schedule! 

Speaking of my Star Schedule, that's the thing I didn't complete this weekend. Still, I earned 7 Stars yesterday, which is my best so far. I'll continue working on my list and create that separate page sometime today or tomorrow.

Mom wasn't feeling well yesterday. She just started a new medication and the nurses believe her symptoms might be related to the new med. Anyhow, it kept us from that weekly outing. I'll be following up with the nurses and her doctor today. She sounded miserable last night. 

My brain still says I need at least one "X" on
whatever size I'm wearing. These fit comfortably
and loosely. Isn't the brain interesting?

















Episode 20 of my podcast Transformation Planet is in your podcast feed if you're a subscriber. If not, you can easily become one! It's available from Apple Podcasts, Google Play, and almost anywhere you find your favorite podcasts!

My food schedule was somewhat tilted yesterday thanks to my sleeping in so grand. My first meal wasn't until early afternoon, so I skipped lunch and made a nice dinner and "dessert." 
The juicy pear was a great dessert!
















Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.