Thursday, January 17, 2019

January 17th, 2019 Rarely Push

January 17th, 2019 Rarely Push

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support. My aim was 5 points yesterday and I hit 6 points. (see yesterday's post for tentative points schedule)

After yesterday's post, Chris, a longtime reader, writes:  "You swim? Who knew, I don't recall ever reading that before. Great. I joined my local Y a few months ago just to swim. I look forward to hearing about it. (any more yoga classes?)"

Chris, first of all, thank you for your tremendous support over the years. I haven't been in the pool in over three years. This is why I wrote, "...and if I get back in the pool, swimming thirty-minutes earns three points." And Yoga--yeah...that...I was also doing that a few years ago! I'll add yoga to my available points list, too.

I allowed the added prep time a consistent pool commitment requires to ultimately get me out of the water. Witnessing a couple of friends thoroughly enjoy their pool trips has inspired me to get past the time thing and whatever other hangups I have, and just go. My plan is to check the pool schedule today and make it happen either tomorrow or Saturday. I'm actually excited about it again.

The yoga. A friend of mine is known in this area as the yoga guru. Her and her husband practice yoga daily, host yoga retreats--and at one time, opened a yoga studio right down the street from the broadcasting studios where I work. OM Yoga is still operating with new people running the place. Occasionally, she gently reminds me about yoga. If I recall, it wasn't that I didn't enjoy the yoga classes, it was more of a scheduling thing. However, it too is worth another look.

One of the things that I've allowed myself to do is get into a routine where I hit certain minimums each day but I rarely push myself. That's honest. My poor sleep habits, time management, etc. contribute to this level of complacency. I don't write this is an attack on me--or as a club to beat myself up, it's simply what often happens. When I say I'm not perfect, you can bet I mean it! But this isn't and never has been about perfection. It is about progress. And progress in these areas is something I look forward to doing. And not just "trying," like doing, in a way that can help me establish a measure of consistency. This is what this points system is helping me create.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 19 episodes waiting for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.