Monday, December 25, 2017

December 25th, 2017 Yes I Did

December 25th, 2017 Yes I Did

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed connected with good support.

The Christmas gathering of family was a special day. We normally do a get-together and gifts on Christmas Eve and then dinner on Christmas Day, but this year we combined it all into one big day. It worked well. I think my oldest daughter Amber and I was missing the Christmas Eve thing last night--so instead, I picked up mom and then Amber and her husband KL, and we toured the Christmas lights. I mentioned that last night, didn't I? Yes--yes I did. Anyway--today...

Today was all about visiting, taking pictures, watching Noah lose his four and a half-year-old mind because he was overwhelmed with excitement, and much more! That was a lot of fun. I played a game of Doggy Doo with Noah. It's a game where you feed the dog, then roll the dice--the higher the number the quicker the dog does his business. The person who cleans up three doggie doos first, wins. I know, strange. What happened to Shoots and Ladders, or Sorry, or The Game of Life, or Yahtzee? He loves playing Doggie Doo. He opened Pie Face too! It's a game where you get smacked in the face by a big dollop of whipped cream. These are games all the four-year-olds are raving about! He wanted Pop The Pig, a game where you feed the pig until its stomach bursts. He didn't get that one.

It was a very special day. A few things I made important today--and each one helped make it a good day: 1. I focused on my gratitude list. 2. I also focused on the people around me and not the food. 3. I offered my support to others throughout the day--and enjoyed a few awesome support exchanges as a result! Food wasn't the star of the show, but let me tell you--It was good, too.

By special request, I made my super calorie dense macaroni and cheese for today's dinner. I measured out a small 1/2 cup portion for 180 calories. The reviews started flying across the room, "this is the best macaroni and cheese in the world!" I enjoyed hearing and seeing how much the dish was appreciated! At the end of the day, I declined to take any of it back to my apartment--I know myself better than to allow that stuff in my living space!! No thank you--it's a calorie bomb!! Or simply, as I say--not a good calorie value! It was divided up and handled by others--and that was perfect.

I remembered to bring an apple for my dessert today. I sliced it and baked it with cinnamon--and oh my, it was perfect (see Tweet below).

We all made some time for photos before the evening came to an end. It was an exceptional Christmas. Some photos from our gathering:

My two amazing daughters and me!


















My grandsons, Noah and Oliver. Totally adorable!

























Mom and me. 
























My oldest and me.
























My youngest and me!

























I love any picture that contains my mom smiling.

























Today's Accountability Tweets:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Thanks for the blogging and tweeting - very helpful for those of us starting out (again!). Enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby is getting BIG! I was still picturing him as a new born I guess. Congrats on a very successful holiday weekend. Loved the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.