Tuesday, September 24, 2019

September 24th, 2019 Better Than Me

September 24th, 2019 Better Than Me

Yesterday was a 5-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, I had a great workout at the RecPlex, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Yesterday was a good Monday. It started with a solid morning routine. It felt good to take a deeper dive into my gratitude list. What a powerful difference that can make!

My workout last night was good--and as soon as I finish this blog post, I'm heading out to the walking trail for a solid walk. What it does for me mentally and emotionally is what makes it important.

I had the pleasure of catching up with a longtime friend via phone last night. His call was truly a blessing for me. I've never been the best at staying in touch with friends. It's never anything personal, it just is, for reasons my therapist understands better than me.

It's interesting how this friendship dynamic--and how awesome it is to catch up--along with how wonderful exercise makes me feel--and still I tend to apply a measure of resistence to both of these areas in my life.

What compells us to sometimes resist what's nurturing and good? Is it a form of self-sabotage? Is it a self-worth issue? Is it trust issues? Maybe it's a simmering pot with a little bit of it all. Who knows?

But I do know, from experience along this road, that self-awareness and acknowledging these types of things is a powerful step toward breaking the patterns of the past.

It's not easy stuff. These patterns were created long ago, for many of us--in childhood. It's like there's a computer program running constantly in the background. Rebooting the computer into "safe-mode" helps identify what's running, what it's doing, and how we can change the settings.

Mental/Emotional/Spiritual, these things--these monumental transformations can be powerful enough to facilitate the physical transformation as a side effect. I'm convinced there is no substitute for this order. Physical transformation without consideration of the "head work" is a trap operated by the patterns of old. Anyone who's ever lost and gained the same weight over and over might relate to this in a powerful way.

I'm passionate about this exploration. I'm going to keep learning, but always remembering--it's not what we know, it's always what we do that matters.

I had a good Tuesday too. It was a slightly abbreviated workday because I was scheduled to be a community reader at a local elementary school. It was a good experience!

I accomplished dinner at a relatively early time--which was a goal of mine today--and a nice evening walk awaits!

Social Sean:







My new website shares a phone number with my podcast, Transformation Planet, and it's always available for you! Have a question? Text me! 580-491-2228 I'll text you back!

Do you own an "I'm Choosing Change" wristband? This wristband can serve as a powerful awareness/mindfulness tool! It certainly does for me. I wear mine proudly, daily, and more and more people are joining me in this movement! You can now order yours directly from my new website! Here's the link to the wristbands: Click HERE!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

My new website: www.imchoosingchange.com

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.