Wednesday, September 4, 2019

September 4th, 2019 For Me

September 4th, 2019 For Me

Yesterday was a 4-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

My 11 year anniversary of this blog is coming up on the 15th! I'm excited. I'll never forget September 15th, 2008 for as long as I live. It was that very night that I started this weight loss blog. I wasn't writing to gain followers, or for attention--or because I wanted a writing career or to write a book someday. My intent was purely to help me stay on track--to keep me accountable. If anyone read it or not, it didn't matter. I was writing for me. It was helping me understand myself better--I was learning, I was discovering incredible things about me--and for once, I found consistency.

For the first 200 days or so, about a dozen or so people would read on a regular basis. And that was fine. The first 200 days were some of the most powerful to me, so they served their purpose--and yet, they're some of the least read entries in the archives. Readers, comments and all of that--didn't matter. I was writing from the heart, regardless.

In fact, if you have gone back and read the archives, you can't help but notice the lack of comments and activity. This blog was a year and a half old, over 500 days in, when AOL featured it on their homepage--and that's when it started gaining readers.

This is something I try to emphasize to bloggers just starting out. Do it for you. Write from the heart. Even if you feel like not another person is reading your words, do it anyway. Because the most important person is reading every single entry, and that's you. Your writing can have the most profound impact on you, a seriously therapeutic experience, if you allow yourself to achieve a level of realness like no one is watching. Free yourself, my friend.

If you're writing your blog to gain an audience or to collect followers and comments or any other motive, it will affect what you write. Be real. Be genuine and authentic--just be yourself and let all that other stuff unfold as it will.

I can't tell you how many times someone has said to me, "I wrote my blog for a while but then I stopped because it didn't seem like anyone was reading, I felt like I was just talking to myself." And I say, exactly!!! Why stop?? Breakthroughs were coming!! Epiphanies were inevitable--if you just kept writing!

I'm very grateful for the tremendous support I gain from readers today. I'm touched and often times overwhelmed by the sincere outpouring of support. And even though some have stated how this blog has helped them in some way--I must always remember my original mission to be real and to write for me. Do I sometimes write something other than that? Of course I do. But at the end of the day--when it gets down to the nitty gritty, I'm focused on me and trying to dissect the elements contributing to my success AND the elements contributing to my stumbles along this road.







My new website shares a phone number with my podcast, Transformation Planet, and it's always available for you! Have a question about anything discussed on this blog or heard on the podcast? Text me! Do you have a question about your own plan practice? Text it! 580-491-2228 I'll text you back!

Do you own an "I'm Choosing Change" wristband? This wristband can serve as a powerful awareness/mindfulness tool! It certainly does for me. I wear mine proudly, daily, and more and more people are joining me in this movement! You can now order yours directly from my new website! Here's the link to the wristbands: Click HERE!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.