Monday, December 16, 2019

December 16th, 2019 The Stretchy Kind

December 16th, 2019 The Stretchy Kind

Since our last edition, I've maintained the integrity of my food plan boundaries, I've remained refined sugar-free, I've met or exceeded my daily water goal, I've enjoyed two consecutive days of elliptical workouts at the RecPlex, and I've stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Making time for intentional reflection of gratitude has become an important piece for me. It helps me keep things in perspective and remain calm during challenging days.

Mom woke me with a call at 6:30am. My fault for having my ringer on. It was urgent, to her. She wants new pants. Two pair. “The stretchy kind, son.”

My plan to sleep in on a Sunday morning was interrupted by this “urgent” call for pants.

“Mom, it’s 6:30am on a Sunday- I’m trying to get extra rest. We’ll address the pants issue later, okay?”

She was apologetic, saying she didn’t realize the time or day. She had the thought and wanted to share it with me right away.

I was calm and polite to my mother- although part of me wanted to scream because I was sleeping so well until that moment. It took a good 30 min to go back to sleep for another hour. Not the sleep-in I wanted, but it was okay.

Here’s the deal:
Saturday morning at 6am, a close support friend whom I communicate with on a daily basis lost his mother. His mom was also in a nursing home and he was always making the trip to spend time with her and help her in any way he could. Many of our support communications included “Yep, me too- headed out to see mom at the nursing home.” It added another powerful layer of connection to our mutual support.

When I listened to his voicemail, informing me that his mother had died just an hour before, my heart sank for him.

He’s doing as well as can be expected. In fact, he actually led a support group yesterday, just hours after his mom’s passing. His daily practice is strong. And that’s truly a blessing for him.

When I think about it all and I lean into gratitude, I realize...

Someday, I’ll lose my mom, too. Someday,  future-Sean would give anything to be woken at 6:30am on a Sunday morning by mom’s voice- and a request for new pants.

Gratitude changes my emotional state by helping me “assemble” things in a more supportive perspective.

I hope your weekend was a good one, full of joy, peace, calm, supportive intentional actions for your plan practice, new pants...and gratitude.

Mom did get her new pants...twelve hours later--and she was very happy about that! I spent some time visiting with her in her room instead of getting her out in the cold. Her nurses have cautioned us to keep her in, especially right now, because she's still not 100% with recent pneumonia and respiratory issues. Getting her out the other day for her doctor appointment was necessary but risky. I'm hoping and praying she'll be much improved by the time our family Christmas get-together comes around. That'll be here before we know it!

I had a really good weekend. Saturday included a big two-station broadcast from a grocery store not far from here. It's the same one where we broadcast at least once monthly--and have for some time. Those are truly my favorite location broadcasts because they work very well. The store creates the super compelling offers, we talk it up on the air, and customers come out in droves. Everyone does their part too--the store staff, the in-studio staff, and me with the microphone roaming the store and talking about the deals. Also, the last half-hour or so, I get to shop while I work! Getting paid to grocery shop--yep! No wonder it's my favorite location broadcast!!

The beef tenderloin is a cut of beef I normally do not buy. It's typically way too pricey for my budget--but at $7.48 a pound, nearly $10 off, I picked up a filet specifically for my Saturday night dinner. It was tender enough to cut with a fork. It was a nice treat!

I've made a visit to the RecPlex for elliptical workouts important this weekend, too. The endorphins released are felt and appreciated very much! I'm sure there are physical benefits to this exercise, but for me, it's best for my mental/emotional state. It truly makes a difference to be there, moving and grooving to my 80's pop playlist.

 

















Even after a decade, my reflection in a window or mirror sometimes makes me pause. Maybe the workout fires up my ego a little bit, sure, I'll admit that. But I'd like to believe it's also when I feel immense gratitude for the physical recovery this daily practice continues to give me.
 


















I always feel my best when I make the time to get the exercise I need. Always. I've never regretted a workout, ever. I've also learned that on Saturday and Sunday evenings, I can pretty much have the entire RecPlex to myself!

My morning foundational routine of prayer, meditation, gratitude, positive visualization, and positive affirmations is complete. I feel prepared for whatever this day brings. I'll stay connected with support throughout the day, too--just like the other days. Thank you for reading and I hope your week starts in amazing ways!

Instagram:







Do you own an "I'm Choosing Change" wristband? I wear mine daily as a constant reminder of why my daily practice of things is important. I'm not alone, either. This powerful message is worn on the wrists of people in a dozen states, maybe more, I haven't counted--but it's up there!! From New York to California and from Canada all the way to Scotland, they're out there! For me, it's simply a daily reminder to be open, willing, mindful, to pause, and to be intentional. If I'm not those things, I get stuck at the line of least resistance and back there is where the old patterns and behaviors thrive. Your order includes priority shipping so you'll get it quickly! Here's the link to order yours right now: https://imchoosingchange.com/product/wristband/

My website shares a phone number with my podcast, Transformation Planet, and it's always available for you! Have a question? Want to share your story? Leave a voicemail or Text me! 580-491-2228 I'll text you back!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

My website: www.imchoosingchange.com

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.