Wednesday, December 25, 2019

December 25th, 2019 The Most Wonderful Time

December 25th, 2019 The Most Wonderful Time

Since our last edition, I've maintained the integrity of my food plan boundaries, I've remained refined sugar-free, I've met or exceeded my daily water goal, and I've stayed well connected with exceptional support.

On this Christmas morning, I'm pausing in gratitude for all of the incredible blessings in my life. The list is a long one and some of the things on that list are not always given the attention they deserve. I'll spare you the list, but trust, it was an extended spiritual/mental/emotional foundational routine this morning. I'm overcome with an incredibly positive spirit this morning. It is truly the most wonderful time of the year.

Thank you for being here and reading this blog. Your support is felt and appreciated more than you know. It was a beautiful morning to wake up to an amazing message from a longtime reader:

"Thank you for everything you've shared in your blog and book. I've been reading your blog since 2009 and I was one of the first to order your book when it came out. Your generosity in sharing your life, experience, and hope has made a life-changing difference for me. I've lost 143 pounds, went through a period of relapse/regain (sound familiar?), lost a good amount again and now I'm maintaining a healthy body weight for the last three years. I wanted to share this message to you because even though we don't communicate directly, you've made a powerful impact on me. If you ever doubt the impact of what you do, just know, there's someone out there living life in a way I didn't think was possible for me because of the things I've learned from following your story. My husband thanks you, too. I'm more present in my life. I've since found support in a recovery-based program and many of the things you practice and write about are echoed in those gatherings. Be blessed on this Christmas Day."
--Mary in Rhode Island

Mary, opening your message was a tremendous gift for me this morning. I've overjoyed for you. You've done the work and you're doing the work every day. Thank you for taking the time to write and send this message! I'm so glad you're connecting with others, too! That's key, right? We're in the same lifeboat.

I did my annual last-minute Christmas shopping yesterday. I must get a charge out of the chaos. Why else would I expose myself to the frantic nature of shopping against store closing deadlines--and the crowds...oh my, the crowds. To punctuate the chaos, there was an ambulance, sirens blazing, pulling up to the front doors of Walmart as I made my way inside. How fitting. I whispered a prayer for whoever they were after--and grabbed a cart and my list. I was lucky. I completed my mission in just under an hour and a half. That, more than anything, is likely why I do this last-minute rush every year: It always seems to work out. This, "all is well in the end" type thing supports the habitual procrastination that is certainly one of my character flaws.

I picked up mom for a Christmas Eve trip back to our hometown of Stillwater and a visit with family. Mom's brother Keith, sister, Kelli, and brother-in-law, Tim, plus Aunt Connie were all a part of our small gathering last night. Mom was so happy to receive the blessing for the trip from the nursing staff.

We're headed to another family gathering today for Christmas dinner. I'll be picking up mom soon for the experience.

My morning foundational routine was fantastic, my Christmas food plan is set, I've communicated with several support contacts already this morning--and I plan to stay connected with support throughout the day.

Here are some pictures from our gathering last night:
     

















































































Twitter:






Instagram Accountability Posts:








Do you own an "I'm Choosing Change" wristband? I wear mine daily as a constant reminder of why my daily practice of things is important. I'm not alone, either. This powerful message is worn on the wrists of people in a dozen states, maybe more, I haven't counted--but it's up there!! From New York to California and from Canada all the way to Scotland, they're out there! For me, it's simply a daily reminder to be open, willing, mindful, to pause, and to be intentional. If I'm not those things, I get stuck at the line of least resistance and back there is where the old patterns and behaviors thrive. Your order includes priority shipping so you'll get it quickly! Here's the link to order yours right now: https://imchoosingchange.com/product/wristband/

My website shares a phone number with my podcast, Transformation Planet, and it's always available for you! Have a question? Want to share your story? Leave a voicemail or Text me! 580-491-2228 I'll text you back!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

My website: www.imchoosingchange.com

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.