Saturday, December 7, 2019

December 7th, 2019 Mom and A Short Trip

December 7th, 2019 Mom and A Short Trip

Since our last edition, I've maintained the integrity of my food plan boundaries, I've remained refined sugar-free, I've met or exceeded my daily water goal, I've enjoyed some good walks, and I've stayed well connected with exceptional support.

The nursing home called yesterday morning while I was on the air. Mom had a really rough night and they had made the decision to call an ambulance for a trip to the hospital ER. She has some pneumonia, although the doctor referred to it as "mild," and this has affected her oxygen saturation levels. The oxygen vs. Co2 levels is always a challenge for mom--the mild pneumonia certainly complicates this ongoing issue. I spent a lot of time with her yesterday as did several family members who made the trip into town for a visit at the hospital. Mom is feeling the love--and that's a wonderful thing. She's in a regular room instead of the critical care unit like her last hospital stay, so that's also a sign of her condition being not as dire as it was before. Kudos to the nursing facility for catching it early and acting swiftly for her.

One of my private one on one mentoring clients (was/is a longtime friend before becoming a client) is generously flying me to Vegas to shadow him for a few days. The trip has been on the books for some time--and I fly out this afternoon. I contemplated canceling this short trip--and I certainly would have made that decision if mom were worse off, but she's going to be fine. She's in good hands. I'll be back Tuesday afternoon and back to work on Wednesday. Mom is expecting some family member visits while I'm away, too, so that's a wonderful thing. I also expect we will be in communication via phone throughout this trip.

Keeping it short this edition. I expect to share photos of this trip and have an update on mom in the next edition. Hiking Red Rock is on the agenda tomorrow. Wish me luck! I've been told they have expert rescue teams for people who get in over their head out in that beautiful country--I hope so!

I started this morning with a really good foundational routine of prayer, meditation, gratitude, positive visualizations, and positive affirmations. I've enjoyed a good on-plan breakfast, I have another meal planned with a friend in Tulsa before arriving at the airport--and I have a good plan perspective ready for Vegas. We're staying at a resort with a full kitchen in the suite. A grocery store stop will be a part of the plan immediately after the airport! One day at a time, my friends!! Always! 

Instagram Accountability Posts:







Do you own an "I'm Choosing Change" wristband? Here's the deal, I'm not a very good salesman. I haven't offered these consistently on this blog--yet, I have them available! I wear mine daily as a constant reminder of why my daily practice of things is important. I'm not alone, either. This powerful message is worn on the wrists of people in a dozen states, maybe more, I haven't counted--but it's up there!! From New York to California and from Canada all the way to Scotland, they're out there! For me, it's simply a daily reminder to be open, willing, mindful, to pause, and to be intentional. If I'm not those things, I get stuck at the line of least resistance and back there is where the old patterns and behaviors thrive. Your order includes priority shipping so you'll get it quickly! Here's the link to order yours right now: https://imchoosingchange.com/product/wristband/

My website shares a phone number with my podcast, Transformation Planet, and it's always available for you! Have a question? Want to share your story? Leave a voicemail or Text me! 580-491-2228 I'll text you back!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

My website: www.imchoosingchange.com

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.