Friday, January 31, 2020

January 31st, 2020 Back Home

January 31st, 2020 Back Home

Since our last edition, I've maintained the integrity of my food plan boundaries, I've remained refined sugar-free, I've met or exceeded my daily water goal, and I've stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Mom was released from the hospital yesterday. She's back in her room at the nursing home. I wasn't convinced she was ready but I'm not a medical professional. I was agitated because I honestly believe, based on my interactions with mom--and seeing her condition, that the decision was more of an insurance/Medicare/money decision, rather than a "what's best for her" decision. I spoke with people who know more than me on this topic and they confirmed this does happen on occasion. But still, I must let it go and ask, what is true? The truth is, I don't know for sure the issues considered for her release. I will trust she's stable enough for the nursing home to take it from here. I did have a good conversation with the administrator at mom's place (she's amazing-by the way) and they're ready to meet the challenge in whatever needs to be done for mom's care.

Mom did seem more alert and aware yesterday afternoon. Less confusion was a great thing--still some, but a marked improvement. She was able to take several phone calls in her room and even had a visit from her cousin shortly after her return. She even mentioned how she was "glad to be back home." That's a big deal for mom because it's taken her a very long time to refer to where she lives as "home." I made one last trip out to see her last night and had another really good conversation with her nurse. I feel confident that everyone on mom's team is thoroughly aware of her needs right now--so that feels good.

After a better eating schedule for the day before--yesterday was tilted wildly once again in consideration of the schedule. I made it work and I feel okay about it all. I'm currently fasting for blood work later this morning. It's most always a fun thing to see the numbers from those labs because they're dramatically different from what once was.

My morning foundational routine of prayer, meditation, gratitude, positive visualizations, and positive affirmations is complete and my food is planned for today. It's Friday! Thank goodness, right? I hope yours is a fantastic one!

I'm grateful. One day at a time!!

I asked mom if I could have another picture to use on this blog. She agreed and instructed me to make sure you knew how much she appreciates all the prayers and well wishes for her. Mom appreciates your support! As do I! She's expecting another family visit today--and she's looking forward to it very much!

















Do you own an "I'm Choosing Change" wristband? I wear mine daily as a constant reminder of why my daily practice of things is important. I'm not alone, either. This powerful message is worn on the wrists of people in a dozen states, maybe more, I haven't counted--but it's up there!! From New York to California and from Canada all the way to Scotland, they're out there! For me, it's simply a daily reminder to be open, willing, mindful, to pause, and to be intentional. If I'm not those things, I get stuck at the line of least resistance and back there is where the old patterns and behaviors thrive. Your order includes priority shipping so you'll get it quickly! Here's the link to order yours right now: https://imchoosingchange.com/product/wristband/

My website shares a phone number with my podcast, Transformation Planet, and it's always available for you! Have a question? Want to share your story? Leave a voicemail or Text me! 580-491-2228 I'll text you back!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

My website: www.imchoosingchange.com

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Your mom is a jewel! So glad she’s doing better. It’s an awful situation in this country when money is a major determinant in someone’s healthcare but that’s how it is and I guess we have to live with it. Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.