Thursday, March 26, 2020

March 26th, 2020 Long-Overdue Update

March 26th, 2020 Long-Overdue Update

Since our last edition: I've maintained the integrity of my food plan boundaries, I've remained refined sugar-free, I've met or exceeded my daily water goal, I've taken a few good walks, and I've stayed well connected with exceptional support.

This is a long-overdue update. I don't even know where to begin.

First: Mom isn't well. In fact, she's in a very bad situation with her UTI. She's on Day 5 of a ten-day course of antibiotics--however, judging from our conversations, it hasn't shown signs of improvement. The excess fluid that builds up with one of these is apparent with the severe respiratory issues that always seem to accompany this pattern. She's constantly coughing and her breathing sounds extremely labored. The confusion is the worst it's been. I tried several times last night to reach mom's nursing staff and couldn't get through. The last I spoke with them, they assured me her temperature was being monitored--and she hasn't developed a fever--and they're monitoring her oxygen levels multiple times a day. I'm praying she doesn't need another hospitalization to make it through this, for obvious reasons--this isn't the time for her to be at the hospital. But, I'm not in control of all this and I must remember that fact. Mom is in God's hands--and the care of her nurses and the staff doctor.

We recently enjoyed a Facetime visit and on another occasion, a face to face through the glass door. We will be doing more of those, I'm hoping.



















I really appreciated being able to see mom, but I must say, it was difficult not being able to hug her and kiss her forehead. When another family was patiently waiting behind me for their visit, we had to end ours--and that was very hard to do. I left there an emotional mess, sitting in my car and allowing my emotions to do what they needed to do. I don't feel good about where this is going for mom. I'm praying more than ever and doing my best to not dwell on worst-case scenarios. Your prayers are appreciated.

I've been thinking a lot about the nurses and doctors who are on the front lines of this pandemic. I can't even imagine what they're experiencing. My heart sinks for them and everyone directly affected by COVID-19. It's getting worse and will likely get much worse before things start getting better. What is true and what can we do? I'm doing the best I can with social distancing and praying a lot.

We've been short-staffed at the studio for the last two weeks, so my job responsibilities have increased. Just the other day, we set up a colleague with broadcasting from home capabilities--and my set up at home is almost complete--just waiting on a broadcast worthy microphone. Until then, I'm making my way to the studio each day and doing the work. We're not allowing others in the studio during this time. I'm doing my best to remain a voice of calm on the air and be a source of positive for listeners throughout this crisis. I'll continue to do the best I can in that direction.

In the meantime, I'm making sure to stay connected multiple times a day with good support contacts--and I've made time for a few walks in the last several days. This is a time to amplify support with audio/video/text connections with people, rather than retreating from things that are good. We need good things.

There's much more I wanted to write but I'm out of time this morning. I'll write another update, likely Friday night or Saturday morning.

My morning foundational routine is complete and felt powerful for me. That foundational routine of prayer, meditation, positive visualizations, gratitude, and positive affirmations has become more important than ever these days.

Thank you for reading. I'm praying for all of those battling this virus and literally fighting for their lives right now---and I'm praying for the medical staff who are often operating with too little supplies--and long lines of extremely sick people.

This too shall pass. It really will. For now, we hold on as best we can and do the things we know we must.

By the way--I was honored to be a guest on comedian Mike Speirs podcast. Mike is a stand-up comic who's in the process of his own transformation. You can find it wherever you get your podcasts. It's called: Less On My Plate with Mike Speirs

I wrote the following on Facebook in March of 2014-A week before starting the turnaround from relapse/regain:
When I rely on food to comfort emotions and alleviate stress, I'm shortchanging myself in a dramatic way. In this, I'm trading the possibility of long term comfort and healing for a temporary illusion of comfort and healing. It appears to be the easy way out; a short cut to what is needed, but it's over too soon and the illusion is exposed. Resisting the allure of a temporary fix, mixing patience with consistency and holding on with divine faith will lead to better times, which isn't limited to the minutes needed to consume pretty false promises.



















View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Sean Anderson (@seanaanderson) on





Do you own an "I'm Choosing Change" wristband? I wear mine daily as a constant reminder of why my daily practice of things is important. For me, it's simply a daily reminder to be open, willing, mindful, to pause, and to be intentional. If I'm not those things, I get stuck at the line of least resistance and back there is where the old patterns and behaviors thrive. Your order includes priority shipping so you'll get it quickly! Here's the link to order yours right now: https://imchoosingchange.com/product/wristband/

My website shares a phone number with my podcast, Transformation Planet, and it's always available for you! Have a question? Want to share your story? Leave a voicemail or Text me! 580-491-2228 I'll text you back!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

My website: www.imchoosingchange.com

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are okay. I'm sorry about your mom, these are tough times. Take care and we need positive voices out there, so kudos!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.