Thursday, April 19, 2018

April 19th, 2018 Don't Be Afraid To Ask

April 19th, 2018 Don't Be Afraid To Ask

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with good support.

I attended the Oklahoma Association of Broadcasters welcome dinner last night in Tulsa. I didn't know what would be served but I do know my boundaries. I made sure I had a backup plan in the car--some apple slices, a banana, almonds, and cheese.  I visited with several acquaintances, a few people I worked with a very long time ago, and other people I see at this event each year I've attended. About twenty minutes before dinner was to be served, I made my way over to the hotel ballroom buffet line to check out the offerings. I could tell right away--the entrees contained refined sugar. It's a non-negotiable of mine, I don't do it, period. I asked the person preparing the display and he checked and confirmed, yes--I was correct. I asked if it was possible to get something else--and it was without hesitation, "no problem at all."

The chef prepared a simple top sirloin for me. It was perfect. And not one single person around me noticed. Bill (owner of the company I work for) knew because he knows me and asked about it, but nobody else. I share this because it's an example of something important when dining out or at special events like this: Don't be afraid to ask for what you need! 

I can't count the number of times I've said, "Oh well, this is what I have to choose from, so I'll make the best of it--" even if it went against my food plan. If the food tonight would have fit the boundaries of my plan-- in this case, prepared without sugar, then I could have and would have made the meal work. It didn't so I made the special request and it wasn't a problem at all. If it wouldn't have been possible, I would have waited for plan B in the car.

I must always give my plan this level of importance. It's up to me to practice it each day. Tonight's event was good practice.

The almonds, cheese stick, and some apple slices became my "last food of day/drive home snack" food, finishing off today's maintenance calorie budget.

I'm upset with myself for not taking a day off tomorrow.

I'm up way too late for work in the morning. Hopefully I can take some time off early tomorrow-- certainly hoping it works out that way!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.