Sunday, April 22, 2018

April 22nd, 2018 If I Do

April 22nd, 2018 If I Do

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with good support.

My grandson Oliver turned one year old last Wednesday. Today was the day we all gathered to celebrate his birthday! It was a very special day spent with both my daughters and all four grandkids. I picked up mom on the way to the party, too--and she had a great time as well.

It's special days like today that serve as reminders for so many blessings. I'm grateful!

I picked up the birthday cake at the bakery. It was on my way and saved Courtney a trip, so I was happy to do it. Walking into a bakery area surrounded by things that are in no way, shape, or form on my food plan might sound challenging. First, my abstinence from refined sugar comes with a deep understanding of the reasons why it's important for me to continue my refined sugar-free embrace. Instead of challenging, I'd call it affirming because part of my defense mechanism is to immediately think about the good that has come from the last four years without refined sugar. I don't live in fear of relapse, I live with enormous respect for the knowledge that relapse is always one choice away-- and plenty of those choices were all around me in that bakery area of the store. What's helped most for me, is a shift in perspective-- a reframing, so instead of looking at these as things I can't have, these are things I choose not to eat because I'm thoroughly convinced of what happens next if I do. If I hadn't lived through proof of what happens next, I'm not sure I'd be so convinced. For me, the effects of eating refined sugar aren't a theory, it's fact.

If my brain ever needs reconvincing, I have plenty of support connections to help me reconnect and realign my thinking.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.