Saturday, April 28, 2018

April 28th, 2018 Locked In

April 28th, 2018 Locked In

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with good support.

I tried to sleep in later than I did, but I'm pretty certain my body has an internal timer that doesn't seem to let me get too far past seven hours in a stretch.

I was able to get some work done at the studio before enjoying a good visit with mom this afternoon. Cindy and I had a date night in my hometown. I showed her around Stillwater before we enjoyed a simple dinner out and several games of pool. It was needed. We hadn't had a date night in quite some time.



















Waiting for a table selfie at Eskimo Joes. That place was packed! We both have our individual food plans and I think Cindy would agree, the menu was slightly challenging for both of us--but we made it work!

I asked for what I needed and how I needed it! It's interesting to me how I once felt "locked in" to whatever the menu presented or however it was prepared. I was totally surprised the first time I asked for something ala carte or slightly modified and it wasn't a problem at all. I'm someone who never wanted to "be a problem" or "stand out" or "make a scene," so realizing how asking for what I need wasn't doing those things and didn't make me those things, and realizing how 99.9% of servers want to help, totally changed my approach to eating in restaurants. 

I think that it starts with a willingness and wanting to maintain the boundaries of the plan. I can remember many times when I'd use restaurant plans as an excuse to obliterate my plan. Once I realized it didn't have to be that way, I couldn't pretend like I didn't know. I could willfully ignore the truth, which I've done a lot of that over the years, too! But honestly, it kinda forced me to better accept responsibility for my own choices rather than playing the restaurant "victim card," which I gladly did for years and years.

Cindy beat me on the pool table. My goodness, she's good at pool. She won several games. I managed to take a couple (don't ask me how!)



















It was a good night!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. Everybody deserves a good night!
    Fun,
    Kris ��

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.