Tuesday, April 3, 2018

April 3rd, 2018 Phoebe's Arrival

April 3rd, 2018 Phoebe's Arrival

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with good support.

This morning was a challenge in the stress department! A colleague was out with illness, so I did two morning shows simultaneously while handling in-studio guests for both--while getting regular text and phone updates from Irene at the hospital with Courtney and updates via phone from mom's nurses concerning her condition and immediate care plan. If it all worked, I'd have time after the morning shows to make it out to mom to check on her before heading to the hospital to be with Courtney before Phoebe's arrival. Luckily, it all worked out very well. But again--I was feeling the super-stress.

I've written about it many times: I am a first-class emotional/stress eater. It isn't "I used to be..." It's straight up, "I am!" The saving grace for me on a day like today is the structure of the plan. Me not stress eating or eating over an emotional response isn't because I have some kind of incredible willpower because I don't. If I keep the pillars of my plan in place, those support beams will hold me together.

The plan actions that helped today be great: I allowed a little more time for my morning meditation, prayer, and positive visualizations of today. I planned, packed, and prepared a good breakfast and I made two important direct support reach outs, sharing the challenges of the day and declaring the things I was doing or was willing to do to stay peaceful, stable, and calm. I made sure to log all of my food throughout the day and I made it important to pause in gratitude multiple times today. Simply stopping long enough to appreciate and be grateful for the blessings all around, makes a huge difference.

Phoebe arrived quickly today. She came into this world a happy, healthy 6 pounds 4 ounces and was 19.25 inches long. Courtney made it through beautifully. Talk about blessings deserving of immense gratitude!

Cindy worked late today before joining me for a late dinner and visit to check on mom. Mom is actually doing much better tonight than she was last night. The nursing staff took x-rays this morning and they're doing other tests to determine what's creating the issues. The x-rays turned out all clear--nothing broke between the two falls, so that's good news. She's getting extra care from the nursing staff right now--and she certainly needs it. She was clearly disappointed about not being able to join everyone at the hospital today, but she understood. Taking her up there would have been too risky with her lack of balance and strength. She did speak with Courtney on the phone this morning and that helped her be okay with not being there for delivery.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

Some pictures from this beautiful day!!
Mother and Daughter not long after delivery!

Auntie Amber with a wide-eyed Phoebe!

Cindy adoring little Phoebe

Phoebe and Me--just the most precious little girl!

Proud grandpa X 4!! Very blessed & grateful!

Noah meeting his sister for the first time!

That little tiny hand resting on her cheek--oh my, adorable!

Phoebe Rose Ellen Ethridge









































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.