Sunday, April 1, 2018

April 1st, 2018 Proper Place

April 1st, 2018 Proper Place

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with good support.

Today started with a church service, included a dinner out with loved ones, and a shopping trip with mom and Noah. Noah had a choice today: Easter candy or a toy. He picked a toy! He's definitely my grandson, so we're left head scratching at that choice! Oh, and when did my grandson turn into a teenager? The headphones on and device in his hands makes him seem so much older!



















A holiday like today can certainly present some challenges, especially if a plan isn't in place. My food plan today was set and within the boundaries of my maintenance budget. One of the many things I'm grateful for is reaching a point where the focus isn't squarely on the food, it's on the people and experiences around me. These things were once ignored when I was "in the food," but now, the food is still good--it just takes its proper place in my life. Reaching this point isn't set in stone. I can lose this place quickly if I don't maintain my daily practice. When I feel vulnerable on any particular day, aside from reaching for support and a few other things, I do my best to pause and remember how this proper perspective feels.

If you're new to this blog, welcome! The archives contain posts dating back to Day 1, September 15th, 2008. I invite you to read along from 505 pounds, to goal, back up the scale, then finally an approach and practice over the last four years that brought me back from the brink of gaining it all back, to a healthy body weight, and now continues to keep me well one day at a time.

I hope you had a fantastic Easter!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.