Saturday, November 10, 2018

November 10th, 2018 Best Decision

November 10th, 2018 Best Decision

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my reduced calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Yesterday's funeral service for our friend and long-time broadcasting colleague, Illene, was beautiful. I think there were things many of us discovered about her that we didn't know. Fascinating things about her life experience and how her remarkable brain worked on a unique artistic frequency. She was an exceptional human full of love and compassion for everyone she met. When she asked, How are you doing? She really wanted to know. I think that's a rare quality in this world. She had "it," beautifully.

The spread of food available afterward was beautifully presented in the fellowship hall of St. Andrews. I surveyed the choices and made the decision to wait and eat later. I certainly could have enjoyed some veggies, cheese, and a few other things--but having checked my production work prior to making the trip, I was more interested in getting back to the studio and focusing on finishing the day. Gayle (She's the morning show host and program director of the station across the hall from mine) did the driving (I was so grateful) and in-turn, I grabbed the two of us some coffee for the return trip.

It's weird really. Upon our return, my focus wasn't on food. Instead, I organized my production work in a neat little stack--mentally prepared the order of importance, and methodically went about getting things done. I kept reminding myself to break for a late lunch-- but I just kept working until it was done. Maybe it was the Starbucks coffee--not sure, but I was neither hungry or the least bit concerned about food. I don't recommend this, by the way. It was an unusual schedule circumstance for me. Keeping a good meal schedule helps keep me balanced. If I get too hungry, it can become a trigger for not so great choices. But occasionally, when the schedule calls for it, I seem to be able to adjust my perspective enough to be okay. I did send a text to my primary support contact as a way to "bookend" my plan of action. That always helps!

I made a store trip on the way home to grab what I needed, arriving at my apartment a little before 6pm. I prepared "lunch for dinner," some tostadas (big surprise, I know!). At this point, I basically just relaxed--took a mental break if you will. I enjoyed my on-plan meal while watching part of a documentary on Netflix. I canceled my dinner and Bohemian Rhapsody plans and informed Mom that I would not see her until Saturday afternoon. I still wasn't completely convinced of a plan for the rest of the night, but I was certainly preparing myself to make the best decision for me. Normally, even late like this, I'd grab a short nap in the name of "doing things later tonight," but really, I didn't want to do anything last night. I decided my bed looked really inviting. I ended up in bed by 7:30 and fell asleep quickly. It was the best decision. It also might be a record early bedtime for me on a Friday night.

I was awake at 4:30 this morning, feeling well rested and ready for a good Saturday. I completed my morning routine without the rush from the thought of I got to get ready for work- it was great.

I have a two-station "dual" location broadcast today from 11am-1pm from the grocery store that books us on a regular basis. I like these broadcasts because they work very well for the client, first of all--and for me personally, it provides the opportunity to shop while I work!! Basically, I'm getting paid to grocery shop the best deals around--and they give me the employee discount at checkout as a nice little "thank you" bonus! I'm hoping they have more Zestar apples in stock. I'll tell you, those recently became my absolute favorite apples!!

I'm preparing a good on-plan breakfast soon, getting some things done for me this morning, and organizing my thoughts and schedule for today. I'm planning on making it a good one. 

One thing that's really bugged me lately is how something has changed in the way this blog is visibly distributed. I think Facebook has changed something, I'm not sure-- all I know is, the readership of late has dramatically dropped by several hundred a day. Since you're reading this-- you found it--that's good, I'm glad. I'm not too worried because I must always, first and foremost, write this blog for me--regardless of who else does or doesn't read what I share. This is something I've made important from the Day 1 post over ten years ago when I wrote:  "I look forward to this blog. I believe it will help me stay on track and maybe along the way it will inspire someone else to stay on track." It certainly helps accomplish that for me. And occasionally, I hear from folks who share with me how it's helped them--and that's a beautiful thing. It's a gift returned to me and I don't ever take it for granted or lightly in any way, shape, or form.

When I see others referred to as "weight-loss influencers," people with a couple years in, enormous personal progress, and a million followers--first of all, I check myself--and realize, I'm truly happy for them--but also, it makes me question my social media savvy. I do feel like I have a voice and an important point of view along this road and naturally, I'd like to share it with more people. I've just never been technically savvy on the approach. I'll think about that. In the meantime, I'm well. And truly, for me, that's all that matters. One day at a time, right?

Sincerely,
Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.