Sunday, November 11, 2018

November 11th, 2018 Respect And Honor

November 11th, 2018 Respect And Honor

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my reduced calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

This is a special day. Veterans Day to me is met with enormous gratitude for all who have served our country. My dad and both my grandfathers served in wartime. They witnessed their friends perish on the battlefields and in the Pacific--and somehow, they survived against the odds of fate. They bravely fought and survived. I think about how their actions in battle very likely saved others. All who served deserve exceptional respect and honor, today and always.



















I remember watching war movies as a kid and not being able to process the level of bravery it must take to face the circumstances these men faced. When I grew older and learned of my dad's and my grandfather's service, I was immediately filled with a sense of gratitude, respect, and also enormous pride to be the son and grandson of these brave men. It meant a lot to me because I didn't feel brave at all, ever, but knowing that somewhere deep in my DNA there might be this level of courage and bravery, somehow gives me a measure of hope for challenges in my life. My challenges will never be on the level they faced during wartime. I'm grateful. I'm proud of these men close to me--and proud of--and quite honestly, in awe of all those who served. Again, if that's you, thank you.

I'm enjoying my food plan lately. I've made changes, as you know if you're a regular reader, and it seems to be going well. I've made changes to my list of trigger foods and I've discovered how I can be satisfied with smaller meal portions. The ongoing struggle in the exercise department continues, however, I'm focusing on the long-term and this enables me to not be so self-critical in the moment. As long as that perspective doesn't enable me to not change, I'll be okay. I am making changes, action plans, and looking at things differently--and I'm listening to, watching, and learning from others. Keeping an open mind, fresh for a change, is a big plus along this road.

I do not know it all. I've never known it all. My daily practice isn't and has never been perfect--and that's okay. One of the biggest positive things is admitting that fact--because then, I'm/we're in a position to grow and evolve. And isn't that what this road is all about? Progress, not perfection?

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.