Wednesday, November 28, 2018

November 28th, 2018 Interrupted

November 28th, 2018 Interrupted

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my reduced calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

It was bound to happen sooner or later. For whatever reason, I slept right through my 4:15am alarm this morning. I woke up with just enough time to do an abbreviated version of my morning foundation routine, make coffee to-go, shower, shave, dress, pack my planned food for the day, and hit the door to be at the studio on time. When my blog writing routine is postponed---uhg---it creates some serious anxiety!! But I did my best to set it aside and be okay. It helped having a busy morning show schedule today. I didn't have too much time to stress.

Time, and more specifically, time management has been a running issue over the last ten years of this blog. I can honestly say I'm a little better--but not where I need it to be for best results. I'm reminded of my need for better time management when someone asks me about book #2 or more podcast episodes. I'll continue working toward those things.

Attitude and daily focus plays a big role for me each day. I found an excerpt from 2010 that mentions these things--and look--it also mentions the time thing...Obviously, this is a lifelong pattern we're talking about here. Well-- I believe lifelong patterns can be interrupted because I continue to practice it each and every day and I've witnessed it in others. Lifelong patterns can be interrupted!! I use the word "interrupted" instead of "broken" because "broken" suggests a "mission accomplished" type thought in my brain--and I've learned along this road: I'm only as well as what I'm willing to do today. The daily practice keeps patterns interrupted.

From May 2010:
Time management has been a constant issue for me over the course of this journey. Finding time to get everything done that I want to do isn't really the issue, because there's time. The issue is using that time wisely and that means applying good choices to more than just my food and exercise. 

Good schedule choices are paramount to me and my situation. It's the key to me getting more sleep and it's the key to me being more productive. Those two things together help shape my attitude and daily focus. 

Attitude really is everything---it's what we feed our brains, and our actions and choices live and die by the attitude we carry. I've figured out that this attitude must be constantly adjusted in a positive direction to keep everything consistent. When my attitude is bad---that's when I struggle along this road. That's when I battle the part of me that tries to revert to old ways and choices. 

Keeping a better schedule and using my time wisely takes a little effort, but the effect it has on my performance means it takes less effort to stay focused.

Featured Tweet:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. I may have mentioned this before - When I lived alone and had early morning job, I put an electric alarm with battery backup on my refrigerator in the kitchen. Top of the refrigerator. Set it every night. Now of course alarms have many more options. This was an old fashioned bedside alarm.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.