Thursday, November 29, 2018

November 29th, 2018 What Is?

November 29th, 2018 What Is?

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my reduced calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

I didn't oversleep this morning! I'm so glad! Yesterday's mad rush through the morning wasn't a pleasant experience. The morning foundation routine was rushed too, just the minimum--the basics, the things I can't live without for my daily practice. If getting those done mean facing the consequences of being late for work, so be it. I'd rather face those than the consequences ready and waiting for me if I don't make time to center and prepare for the day. 

When someone is consistent in their daily practice there's often an illusion of determination, willpower, and/or a level of strength and grit beyond average levels. Writing from experience, I can assure you--it isn't any of those things. Those things can certainly work for a short period of time, but they're easily weakened by the natural ups and downs of life. 

For years and years, I hoped and prayed for--wanted it so badly, envied those who "had it" and vowed that someday I might find it too. Having found it, lost it, found it, lost it, and finally accepting and embracing a different approach and perspective took time, practice, and an open mind. 

It can be kind of disappointing and relieving at the same time when you discover that the very things you've been searching for aren't really the things of sustainable consistency. 

So what is?

Creating a daily practice of intentional actions, a multifaceted approach that goes deeper than the food and exercise, is the best I've found so far. One day at a time. Building a personal plan of pillars or as I like to call them, "rails," give us something to support the structure of our daily practice and provides something to hold onto as we make our way.
I've written it and said it many times, I don't "got this" and I don't use willpower. The be all/end all lone ranger attitude of "I got this" and desperately trying to harness the elusive and mysterious willpower never brought me progress of any lasting value. It only brought struggle and disappointment.

This daily practice continues to bring me a measure of peace, calm, and clarity. If I don't give it the importance level it deserves each day, I'll quickly lose my way. If I do give it the reverence it deserves each day, then all of the things I once thought would only come as a result of a determination, willpower, and/or a level of strength and grit beyond average levels, seem to happen without those things. I don't "got" those things. I just have this practice for today. Let's do one more.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.