Monday, November 19, 2018

November 19th, 2018 Ready To Go

November 19th, 2018 Ready To Go

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my reduced calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

I worked a little more than I wanted to or planned yesterday. Accomplishing a bunch yesterday should make today go very well.

The changing of the seasons from summer to fall was always a popular time for me to start weight loss attempts. Thanksgiving was never far away and it almost always signaled the beginning of the end. The only time it didn't stop my efforts cold, was when I started losing weight in the fall of 2008. My approach to that Thanksgiving was structured with a plan. I fully believed if I could maintain the integrity of that plan I could accomplish two things: I could enjoy Thanksgiving and stay on track beyond the special day. I made my plan important. I made me important. And for once in my life, Thanksgiving didn't signal the beginning of the end, it was the beginning of a new weight loss perspective.

This Thanksgiving will be my 11th along this road. As in years past, I'll have a plan and a set of non-negotiable elements ready to go.

I'll go a little more in-depth over the next couple of days.

Staying connected with support buddies throughout the day is certainly a big part of the plan.
Indulging in conversation, taking pictures, giving hugs and catching up with loved ones will also be major elements. Truly focusing on gratitude, giving thanks for my many blessings and expressing to people how much I appreciate them will also be important. My focus will not be fixed on the buffet line. I will enjoy a nice Thanksgiving meal, sure, but in order for me to maintain extraordinary care that day, I must keep my focus right where it needs to be in order to have the most wonderful day possible. For someone like me, it takes intentional actions.

Featured Tweet:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.