Sunday, November 18, 2018

November 18th, 2018 Star Of The Show

November 18th, 2018 Star Of The Show

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my reduced calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Yesterday evening's family get-together in Stillwater turned out very well. My aunt (mom's sister) prepared chili for everyone--so it was chili and conversation on a night with a cold front moving in, so it seemed exceptionally appropriate.

My Aunt understands my vigilance when it comes to no refined sugar, so she wasn't surprised or bothered by me asking her to scan the ingredients lists of items used. Two of the ingredients lists contained sugar, one being the third ingredient--and that was okay. I don't ask others to change how they prepare things for a crowd in order to fit into my food plan. Maintaining the boundaries of my food plan is my responsibility. The solution was picking up a backup plan for me.

I found a canned chili without refined sugar. That's not an easy task! I must have gone through seven different labels before finding one with the simplest refined sugar-free ingredients list. It was a little pricey, as you might imagine, but it worked well. We all enjoyed chili and conversation and I maintained my abstinence from refined sugar. Whatever it takes, right? Yep!

I brought a pie for everyone to enjoy with coffee after the meal. It was a refined sugar-free wildberry pie. The pie, even without the refined sugar, isn't on my food plan. I can't do "look-a-likes." My brain lights up just the same, it's interesting really. I brought plenty of fresh Zestar apple slices for me and anyone else wanting some--and that was my dessert. It was an enjoyable meal.

On occasions like this, I must make the "star of the show" the people and things around me--not the food. I spent years and years making food the star in every circumstance. The food was good, certainly, but being able to enjoy a visit without an overwhelming food obsession stealing my attention was best. 

Understand, maintaining this perspective isn't easy. It takes intentional actions. It takes pause. I bookended the visit and plan with good support. So, if you're reading this and you're thinking--wow, he makes it sound so matter-of-fact and simple---uh, no-- I must make sure I've "installed" some accountability and support "pillars" around the plan.

It was a good visit. I was glad. The bonus was the extra time mom and I had to visit during the drive time to and from the get-together.

I slept for almost nine hours last night! A good rest felt great--and now I'm ready for a good Sunday. Oh, and my Oklahoma State Cowboys won a thriller last night against top 10 ranked West Virginia. That game, in Stillwater, played a role in our decision to enjoy chili and conversation at my Aunt and Uncles place--because finding a restaurant to enjoy a visit amid the post-game rush of fans wouldn't have been a very good plan.

I have work to get done today. I'll do some production work at the studio and then a client production meeting at 1:30pm with a local restaurant. My plan today includes some housekeeping and exercise too.

I'm set and ready for a good Sunday.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.