Monday, November 12, 2018

November 12th, 2018 Overflows

November 12th, 2018 Overflows

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my reduced calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

The weekend was a good one! What made it good was a balance. I made time for things important for my self-care, I made time for others in support, and I made time for family. I did a little work, too, but not as much as other busier weekend schedules--and that was a good thing.

Mom and I made our way over for a visit last evening with my youngest daughter, Noah, Oliver, and Phoebe. My goodness, it was cuteness overload! There's no better reminder of why I do what I do each day than spending time with my grandkids. My daily practice helps keep me well so I can have the best chance of being in their lives for many years to come.

My disease is a selfish one. All the years I was "in the food," I wasn't thinking of the long-term consequences. I wasn't thinking about how much the food-focus was slowly killing me and how it was taking away from the ones I loved each day. I was simply serving my food addiction and compulsive overeating behaviors. For me, the daily practice I now make important frees the mental space I need in order to consider very important people and things in my life. Food is part of my life but it isn't my life. 



















Noah loves reading. That makes me smile big! He took me to his room where I asked about his favorite toys and he told me, "video games, books, and dinosaurs." Books? I don't remember those being in my top three as a five-year-old. He asked, "next time will you take me to the library?" Uh, yeah, of course!! My goodness, my heart overflows for this little man.

I don't think I had a picture with Courtney and all three of her children until last night. It's hard to wrangle them all together at one moment sometimes.



















Oh my, these precious babies! Po Po is wearing Noah's Pikachu stocking cap because I'm cool like that.

Mom and I enjoyed a good dinner out after the visit and finished our evening with a fast run around Walmart. Yesterday evening was a nice finish to a good weekend.

Today should be a decent Monday. My food is planned, my morning foundational routine is done, and I'm visualizing a good one.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.