Wednesday, November 14, 2018

November 14th, 2018 Best Option

November 14th, 2018 Best Option

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my reduced calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

I wasn't feeling my best yesterday morning but I ignored it and felt better throughout the day. I had a good evening last night complete with an earlier dinner and another 5K walk on the indoor track at the YMCA. This morning, however, I'm not feeling well at all. I was awake a lot during the night and as I made it upright this morning, realized why. I haven't taken a sick day from work in a while and I don't like to do that, but it's the best option for me this morning. I'll stay home and take care of me today.

January 2011-YMCA
Speaking for the hospital's Lose To Win kick-off event














The indoor walking track at the YMCA overlooks the gym floor. As I exercised last night and the night before, I couldn't keep from looking down at the gym and remembering one of my favorite speaking opportunities from years ago. It's hard to believe it's been seven years since that special night. I used some visual aids for that event. I came out wearing an outfit from my 505 pound days. I had two assistants, one on each side, holding up my pants as I pushed a grocery cart containing a representation of the pounds lost; 275 pounds of Velveeta. I made it to the microphone and dropped the big clothing before launching into my speech. It was memorable for me and many of those attending. To this day, I still run into people who bring it up in conversation. 

I look at that gym floor and the pictures and I'm reminded of how fun that was, but it also reminds me of how much I had to learn and experience well after that night. 2011 contained several big and small speaking engagements, including several for YMCA of Oklahoma, Kansas, and a big one for YMCA USA at their big mid-states conference in Kansas City. That year concluded with the release of my book, Transformation Road--and honestly, I believe my mindset was there's no turning back now. 

Of course, we both know how things unfolded. I did turn back. It was an important turn, too. I'm truly grateful for the entire experience. I needed it in so many ways. A good and powerful humbling clears away a lot of things, opening up opportunities for the most transformative kind of growth process. 

To this day, I stand 100% behind every perspective, tip, trick, and experience shared in those speaking engagements and in my book. Those things are still valid. Things I discovered about me along the way involved a better understanding of my personal truth of food addiction and compulsive over-eating. There will be another, very different book one day- I assure you.

The truth helped shift me away from a good diet plan of action into a plan of recovery. It's still a work in progress--and it always will be, because no matter who we are, who we think we are, or what we've experienced or think we know, we're all at the same place with a personal daily plan of action. A practice to help us through one more day. There's always more to learn along this road.  

In the foreword to my book, philosopher Ralph Marston wrote, "Truth is powerful. The more you seek to hide from it, the more forcefully it asserts itself, until you eventually cannot deny it. The moment you put truth on your side, all sorts of possibilities open up to you." 

Yes, sir. That's powerful stuff right there.

I'm sitting here in bed, using my laptop to put this post together and feeling absolutely crummy. I'll use this day to rest and recuperate from whatever is going on. I'm grateful for my colleague Gayle this morning, she's filling in for me today.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.