Friday, August 2, 2019

August 2nd, 2019 Worked Out Well

August 2nd, 2019 Worked Out Well

Today was a 5-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, I got plenty of natural exercise throughout an exceptionally long and active workday, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

I knew today was coming and I'm happy to report, all things considered, it went very well. My food plan today was a little tilted, schedule-wise, but it's one day. A little bit low on calories--and I could have planned better for the heart of the workday, but again--it worked out well. The schedule today was morning show 6-10am followed by location broadcasts all day long, a different location every hour from 10am to 5pm. It was a lot of movement--and all that additional activity warranted a 5-star day, normally reserved for days when I make it to the gym.

I was multitasking during my show this morning. That's not always a good practice, of course, but today it was necessary. My lunchtime broadcast from a legendary steakhouse offered several different food options, but I was completely focused on the broadcast and simply opted for some cottage cheese as a holdover of sorts. When the time is tight and you're on the air four breaks an hour, it doesn't leave a lot of time to relax and enjoy a meal!

Hitting 5pm today felt like a really nice accomplishment. I made it home and realized I was really hungry and super-tired...not the best combination for me, ever!! But, I calmly prepared a good, let's call it a "late lunch," a beef and bean burrito--much like last night's dinner except not as calorie-dense. I did a few things around the apartment before deciding on a short nap. I knew Amber, KL, and my granddaughter Raegan were coming to stay the night and their late arrival was expected around 10pm... the plan was a short nap and then some light picking up in consideration of a 1.5 year old wandering around this place!! They pick up everything at this age!

I knew I was tired--but wow, I power-slept right through two alarms and my short nap turned into a big nap. It was the kind of tilted-schedule-deep-nap where you wake up and for a few seconds you don't know whether it's still nighttime or morning time. The heavy knocking on the door woke me, thank goodness...It was my daughter and her little family! Yay! We had a good visit for a little while--and now, I'm ready to attempt some sleep after a fast run to the store for a few necessities.

Tilted schedules are certainly challenging but occasionally necessary. I slept right past a good dinner time and with coffee during our late-night visit, I barely pushed my calories for the day past 1,500. That'll be okay for today. Not a worry. I certainly don't plan on cooking a meal after midnight!!

I caught up with mom and mom's nurse tonight via phone. I'll be seeing mom again tomorrow at some point. I have two more location broadcasts tomorrow starting at 10am--then a little work left to do back at the studio--then I'm off until Thursday! Yay!!! I needed four days straight of nothing but "Sean time" and I'm going to get it, by golly.

Oh--one thing...did I mention this last night?? Hmmm...I'd have to look. I learned a valuable lesson last night (Thursday night) while preparing dinner. I made a stuffed Hatch chili pepper appetizer--and part of that was roasting and de-seeding the peppers. I did that--then immediately needed to use the restroom. I hadn't thoroughly washed my hands after handling the chili peppers and before the restroom break. Uh...yeah...I was on fire in places you don't want to be on fire, ever. After a brief moment of "what the heck is happening??" I realized what I'd done and even though I was in burning pain, I couldn't help laughing like a hyena over the mindlessness of what I'd done. I imagine I won't make that mistake again! 


Do you own an "I'm Choosing Change" wristband? I wear mine proudly, daily, and more and more people are joining me in this movement! Email me and let me know if you want one. I'll send you a secure $15 PayPal invoice and personally ship it to you right away! transformation.road@gmail.com

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.