Saturday, August 31, 2019

August 30th and 31st, 2019 Support Chat

August 30th and 31st, 2019 Support Chat

Thursday and Yesterday were 4-star days: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

The past couple of days have been challenging, schedule-wise--and that can make everything else challenging. My sleep Thursday night was interrupted by Mother Nature shortly after 2am Friday morning. I was on the air at the studio by 2:30am and by the time the storms had passed, it was time to do my morning show. But I've managed as well as possible. I haven't hit everything I wanted to do in the last couple of days, but I'm okay.

I rely heavily on my phone. I use it for just about everything I do. From my radio job to my social media, to support connections, to my personal plan practice each day...so imagine my distress when the Facebook app stopped allowing me access to the station pages I use during location broadcasts? The fix turned out to be a major stressor. I first tried deleting the app and reinstalling it. It wouldn't download. It was determined that I needed to update my device to the latest iOS for iPhone--then it would download and everything would be hunky-dory. Okay...I'll fast forward... after hours and hours of my phone staying stuck on "verifying update," and me occasionally doing a hard reboot--with each time it taking longer and longer to turn on, I was quickly losing hope. At one point it showed the opening Apple logo screen for more than an hour. I spent nearly two hours with Apple support chat this morning working through a solution.

This entire time, I was doing my best to manage the anxiety of feeling disconnected--not in general, it's fine and actually, a great thing to take a device break, but feeling disconnected from support contacts, for me, is a different story. 

Finally, I had to take my backup device and head off to the broadcast from a place called Apple Market. Funny, I know! It's a grocery store. It took a team effort to make the broadcast work. A colleague picked up an extra charger on the way to the location and another, who was 100 miles away on a weekend getaway took responsibility for social media support of the event--with me texting them verbiage and pictures for the postings.

I didn't have time for a meal prior to the broadcast. My backup plan was some cheese and a banana at my broadcast. I enjoyed a good meal when I made it home. The best part was when I got home--the phone was finished updating and all was well once again. Thank goodness. I've used the same device for almost four years. If I can stretch that out another year, I will. I recently had the battery and the headphone/power jack replaced--so with this new update and things working like they're designed, another year shouldn't be a problem!

I was very tired too. Lack of sleep the past few nights caught up with me. I decided to seize the opportunity to grab some rest. 

My goodness! On a better note, I picked up some good food at the store--and they always extend me the employee discount when I broadcast there-- so it's awesome! The cantaloupe I purchased is one of the best I've had. I'm hoping the watermelon turns out to be as good.

My food plan is working well, however, my exercise schedule hasn't worked as well lately. I'll work on that! In the meantime, all things considered--I'm grateful to be where I am. And my device works like a new phone now. I probably shouldn't wait so long to update to new software!





My new website shares a phone number with my podcast, Transformation Planet, and it's always available for you! Have a question about anything discussed on this blog or heard on the podcast? Text me! Do you have a question about your own plan practice? Text it! 580-491-2228 I'll text you back!

Do you own an "I'm Choosing Change" wristband? This wristband can serve as a powerful awareness/mindfulness tool! It certainly does for me. I wear mine proudly, daily, and more and more people are joining me in this movement! You can now order yours directly from my new website! Here's the link to the wristbands: Click HERE!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.