Friday, November 16, 2018

November 16th, 2018 Opportunities To Practice

November 16th, 2018 Opportunities To Practice

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my reduced calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Yesterday was spent playing catch-up at work after Wednesday's day off. It certainly kept me busy, everyone was busy-it's just getting into that time of year. I made it to the Thanksgiving dinner at mom's place later in the afternoon. I enjoyed a little turkey at this late afternoon event but mainly focused on visiting with mom. I normally don't mind making special requests to accommodate what I need and don't need for my personal food plan, but having experienced this event last year, I decided this wasn't the time for me to make special requests. The staff was doing everything they could to serve the residents and families as quickly as possible with each plate identical, prepared in the kitchen and delivered to the lobby that had been transformed into a dining room. The adjustments needed were made on my end-- some turkey (approximately 2oz) and a good visit with mom--and that's what I did, and it was good. I went from the event with mom to the elementary school PTM fundraiser where I was set to be the bingo caller.

The event at the school was dubbed "Nachos and Numbers." I declined the nachos offered, opting instead to make my dinner at home later. I include corn tortillas and cheese in my food plan, so technically I could have made this work, but for something like this I'd rather focus on the task at hand, drink water, do well--and be well. I've often referred to my lunch tostadas as "portion controlled nachos," and that's true, but for me and my brain--there's a difference. I can't explain it very well, there just is-- maybe it's the weighing and measuring part of the process. The event worked well--and ended just in time for me to make the trip back across town to my apartment for my scheduled 8pm Thursday night group conference call. That went well, too.

By the time 9pm rolled around, it was finally time to prepare a late dinner. Honestly, I could have planned better and brought what I needed to either mom's event or the school event--and that action could have prevented the late dinner (something I'm working to cut down on), but I didn't this time. I'll certainly have more opportunities to practice a better plan.

My morning routine was wonderful this morning. I'm fresh first thing and it's the perfect time for me to set the foundation for the day in that "first thing" routine. Practicing gratitude with a specific prompt has been a powerful addition to this routine.

I'm prepared and ready for a fabulous Friday. My food is planned, packed and ready for work-- I've created my list of things to accomplish today and I'm about to launch toward the door.

Featured Tweets:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.