Thursday, November 22, 2018

November 22nd, 2018 Center Stage-Thanksgiving

November 22nd, 2018 Center Stage-Thanksgiving

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my reduced calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving! I'm full of gratitude this morning for a very long list of things. My goodness, I must tell you--when I include my gratitude list in my morning routine, it helps everything that follows.

Yesterday was an exceptionally long day for me. I started super early and wasn't done with the day until after 1am. But, there was a positive perspective and spring in my stride--and on days where the schedule is unrelenting, that's a challenging perspective to maintain. It all goes back to gratitude.

I've outlined my plan for today. My morning foundational routine is finished, the turkey is in the oven, and there's more cooking to get done. By popular family request, I'm preparing my old-school mac and cheese---it's rich, rich, rich...I typically don't chew gum, but it's an important strategy for me as I prepare this dish: Chewing gum and not licking, tasting, and flat out eating!!

I'm making support contacts very important today too--being available, open, giving and receiving...very important for me. As far as the food--I'm committed to doing the one plate plan with the proper consideration of my non-negotiable elements.

Here's the thing: The structure of my plan, the support, the tips and tricks, the boundaries---all of these things are no match for my disease of food addiction and compulsive overeating. These things can help me have a good on-plan day-- but I must be willing to do the actions for each thing. And above all--I must always remember the importance of maintaining the daily practice. I don't "got this" and I'm never beyond relapse. I humble myself each morning when I acknowledge this fact and ask for help.

I will make the people, the conversations, my grandkids, daughters, mom, and other family members--the stars of the show. The food will be great but it will not be the star of today. Gratitude and family will take center stage.

I can't believe this is my eleventh Thanksgiving along this road!! I'm very grateful to be here--and to you for reading these writings each day.

I found a Thanksgiving VLog video! A good reminder--I need to do more videos--so much fun!


I'm planning on taking plenty of pictures today. I'll share some in the morning!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.