Friday, November 2, 2018

November 2nd, 2018 Unexpected Surprise

November 2nd, 2018 Unexpected Surprise

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my reduced calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Yesterday morning's radio show brought an unexpected surprise. We do this feature called Wildcat Chat every Thursday. The feature is all about Ponca City Public Schools, spotlighting teachers, administrators, and students- in-studio, discussing programs, issues, and accomplishments of the school system. My oldest daughter, Amber, is a special education teacher with PCPS and she's also the special education compliance director/coordinator. In all the years she's been teaching (this is her 5th year!! What??? I know!!!), I've never had her in-studio as a guest representing the school system. Until yesterday morning! She knew she was booked for an appearance a few days prior and kept it a secret!! I was overwhelmed with joy when I turned to look through the studio glass into our lobby and there she was!

I couldn't help starting the interview with her and another teacher in a personal way. I reminisced her graduation from Ponca City High School and her freshman year in college before shifting gears into the heart of the program they were in-studio to discuss. Actually, I was holding back--because my brain was taking me all the way back to her childhood. I had to check my professionalism quickly--and stay on point because I was just so proud of her. It was challenging but fun to be looking across the studio at my daughter-the adult, the mom, the professional--and suspending "dad mode" long enough to conduct a successful segment about the new program they were there to promote.

The experience was one that certainly helped keep me in a great mood as I went about my busy radio day.

Mood, attitude, and the perspective I choose each day has a dramatic effect on how I take care of me. This is why my morning routine is so critically important. The meditation, prayer, and positive visualizations help me align with gratitude, hope, and promise for another good day. It's a practice that must be reset each morning--one day at a time, right?

A couple of new members have already signed up for the next 8-week session of the weekly teleconference support group I facilitate. The new session starts next week!

I still have a space for you if you're interested in discovering the power of this small, exclusive, dynamic, and diverse group of people. As a member, you're added to the secret Facebook page where we gather for daily accountability and support opportunities. Then, weekly, we have our group call. I've added spots with a new Thursday night 8pm central/9pm eastern/6pm pacific call time. If you're interested in learning more, email me right away: transformation.road@gmail.com or call/text-580-491-2228. I'll get back with you quickly! 

A few words from a current member:
As a newer member of Sean's community, I found a group of compassionate people who truly understand the challenges of this journey and who offer acceptance and support without judgment or disrespect. This gives me a safe place to learn and grow in wellness. -Deb in Indiana

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.