Monday, December 24, 2018

December 24th, 2018 Hustle And Bustle

December 24th, 2018 Hustle And Bustle

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my reduced calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

The hustle and bustle of the season were on full display yesterday. Wait, what is "bustle," anyway? Does it mean anything? Or do we just use it because it rhymes with hustle? Mom and I made it to the store last night and oh my, it was busy, as expected. I have another solo trip to make this morning--plus several stops at other places. My last minute Christmas hustle and bustle has become somewhat of a tradition. If I did it any differently, it might alarm those close to me. What's the deal with Sean? He's all calm and relaxed on Christmas Eve, this isn't like him!!  Isn't it interesting how we develop certain patterns that, although they're not helping us, they become familiar--and in that, there's a measure of comfort? 

Breaking out of old patterns and developing new patterns is essentially what this daily practice thing is about. If we approach the new patterns in a way that is doable--in a way that promotes consistency, then perhaps the new patterns have a chance to become comfortable, too. 

Two things, besides Christmas, that I'm excited about this morning: My upcoming "New Year-New YouPlan" Two-hour Teleconference Workshop is set for this Saturday, December 29th from 1-3pm Central/2-4pm Eastern/11am-1pm Pacific/12-2pm Mountain. This inspiring and transformational two hours will offer perspectives and practical ideas designed to help you start 2019 with fresh enthusiasm for your daily plan. Signing up is easy. Text your email address to 580-491-2228 or send an email to: transformation.road@gmail.com  The fee is $25. Upon receipt of your text or email, I'll send a secure PayPal invoice that can be handled with any card or PayPal account. Once you're registered, I'll forward you the call-in number and access code! Have a phone charger ready!

The other thing... I released episode 18 of my podcast Transformation Planet! Here's the episode description:
In this episode, I release an episode! This podcast isn't dead, yay! In this one, I discuss some wonderful advice I've received for Transformation Planet. Have I over-complicated the process of producing this podcast? Uh, maybe. Okay, yes--yes I have. No more over-complicating. Simple works. I also talk Christmas and about the perspectives I must use if I'm to make it through without compulsively overeating. I'm also including a replay of my interview with Dr. Marty Lerner. Dr. Lerner's experience with eating disorders started long before he became known for his research and published articles. He shares his personal story with disordered eating behaviors in this episode. He also shares how a research project using ice cream forever changed the direction of his career. In the decades since, he's been featured on numerous national television and radio shows including The NPR Report, 20/20, ABC's Nightline and Discovery Health. Dr. Lerner's research has been published in many different professional publications and featured in The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, USA Today and several newspapers and national magazines. He is the CEO of Milestones In Recovery Eating Disorder Treatment Center in Florida. 

As I mentioned above, today includes some last minute hustle and bustle--and a nice get-together with family for a gift exchange and finger foods this evening. I'll make sure to have planned and packed what I need for my fingers.

Honoring my daily plan practice isn't a barrier to enjoyment like the addict part of my brain would like me to believe. It's the opposite. Honoring the boundaries that help keep me well allows me to be present for the loved ones around me. It allows me to notice things I wouldn't and couldn't if I were "in the food."  In this noticing, I'm able to identify so many more things worthy of gratitude.

We'll congregate again tomorrow for Christmas dinner. 'Tis the season, my friend--and I hope you're having a warm and wonderful Christmastime.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 18 episodes waiting for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.