Monday, December 31, 2018

December 31st, 2018 In Those Ways

December 31st, 2018 In Those Ways

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my reduced calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Yesterday's event at my girlfriend's family gathering went very well. I could tell the host was familiar with what I do--or was "tipped off," because she immediately gave me ingredients for certain food items. It was very kind of her. I thanked her.

I don't make a big scene with my food plan--I know what my boundaries are--and I'm willing to ask questions if needed, and I had a backup plan ready just in case the choices didn't fit for me. The responsibility for and commitment to my food plan is mine. This is a different approach to how it used to be years ago when I would conveniently place the responsibility on other people or the circumstances at the moment. Thoughts of "well, if so and so wouldn't have brought that one thing, I could have been okay--I just couldn't resist that thing." Or, "It was a party--and I didn't want to offend anyone by not eating the offerings. I had to at least try everything!" You see how those two thoughts clearly transfer the responsibility for my daily practice food plan onto others and onto circumstances or environment? Those thoughts worked way back when because, in that thinking, it wasn't ever my fault. I was the victim--completely at the mercy of others and other things. Preparing and honoring a plan--and taking full responsibility for it, empowers us past a lot of the obstacles we created in the past.

Ideally, when I go to an event like that--I go in, I take personal care of my food plan boundaries and I simply enjoy the celebration. I don't talk about it, I don't make it a big deal, I just take care of it--My food plan doesn't need to be nor should it be a topic of discussion unless someone asks me specific questions--and that happens sometimes, considering what I do in this public way. But, unless I ask a specific question about certain things or someone brings it up, it isn't the focus or a thing. I try to pour myself into the non-food elements of the get-together. I did that too. I had a wonderful conversation with and learned a great deal about her uncle's fascinating life.

When I stay engaged in those ways, it helps keep my brain "between the lines" of my food plan. If I go into an event like that completely focused and obsessed over the food, I'll lose that mental tug-of-war every time. The best thing for me is to NOT pick up my end of the rope. I was so focused on the people and conversations, I didn't even notice the dessert table. That's a little miracle in itself. I also bookend texted a support friend with the intentions of my plan prior to the event. Setting up some accountability helps tremendously.

Tonight, we're attending a New Years Eve fundraiser event for a local chamber of commerce. The food situation will be similar to yesterday's event. Once again, I'm not certain of the choices available, so I'll make sure to keep a backup plan ready. I may eat prior to the event. I'll also be bookend support texting my intentions going into the event and coming out.

Tomorrow is New Years Day--wow, 2018 seemed fast! I'm looking forward to making 2019 a remarkable year in phenomenal ways!

Episode 19 of Transformation Planet released last night, late. It's my first short episode without an interview. If you're not subscribed, I hope you will! It's free! You'll find it available in Apple Podcasts (in the app store), Google Play store for Android, and wherever you find your favorite podcasts!

We have just a couple of openings in the private support group I facilitate. Our next 8-week session starts Wednesday the 2nd and Thursday the 3rd. All members are in a secret Facebook group where we create accountability and give support to one another daily--then, once a week, we have our group coaching/mentoring calls. We have three call times: Wednesday 7pm central/8pm eastern/5pm pacific and the late Wednesday call at 8:15pm central/9:15pm eastern/6:15pm pacific. We only have one Thursday call time at 8pm central/9pm eastern/6pm pacific. The fee for the 8-week support group session is $120. If you're looking for a change in 2019, joining this dynamic support group creates an instant support team behind you! I look forward to working directly with you! For more information, text 580-491-2228 or email: transformation.road@gmail.com

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 19 episodes waiting for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.