Tuesday, August 25, 2015

August 25th, 2015 Days Like Today

August 25th, 2015 Days Like Today

Days like today are the ones where I must pause often and give thanks, expressing gratitude for so many wonderful things in my life. Daily expressions and meditations centered in gratitude are important, but I'll be straight with you--I don't do it every day like I should. It was nice to receive so many reminders today of how I'm blessed beyond measure. How?

It was simply sharing some laughs with friends, writing a new stand-up bit in the process, feeling productive at work, engaging in one on one and group weight loss support interactions, preparing good food, having access to one of the best YMCA's in our region of the country--and that workout today--oh my, it was good---and my grandson Noah dropping by the studio for a short visit mid-afternoon, the absolute best. 

Being out of the fog of food addiction and firmly embracing the elements of my recovery allows me to fully experience life from a different perspective.

The grass is greener, the sky is bluer, the relationships are stronger, the food is better, my mind is clearer and my heart is full of peace. Is it perfect?

It's never perfect. Believe me, there are things I wish I could somehow change, but can't. And there are things I can and will change.

I'll report to the doctor's office scales tomorrow morning for my weekly weigh-in. MyFitnessPal is still projecting a losing trend, even at 2200 calories per day. It's such a foreign feeling to be in this position of not wanting to lose weight. If I register a loss in the morning, I'll adjust the calories up.

It already looks and feels like I'm eating plenty of food. I'm certainly not wanting for anything. I keep reminding myself, beyond my daily elements of recovery, it's about nutrition and fitness. And as that evolves, slowly but surely, it will require me to pay attention to what my body needs--even if it's more than I'm accustomed to consuming. 

The trick for me is training my brain to recognize the difference between eating well for the right reasons and over-eating for all the wrong reasons.  

I recently jogged my way into dual blisters. One on each heel. A pair. How cute. I've gone back to the elliptical temporarily while the heels heal. 

My Fitbit stopped working a couple of weeks ago. I guess a year was all it could take. It simply wouldn't stay charged for even a day. If you've had this same problem and there's some kind of fix, please tell me! I'd rather not buy a new device if it's not needed.

My Tweets Today:




































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

15 comments:

  1. I've encountered the same problem with my fitbit flex. Try the following: Clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip. When dry, place in the charging unit and press the reset button by inserting the end of a paperclip in a tiny hole on the back of the charging unit. Wait overnight and if the problem has not resolved you can get a new charging unit and/or contact customer service at fitbit.com. They have been known to send a replacement fitbit flex free of charge to customers who report such problems. I hope you get your fitbit flex running with you again soon!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan, thank you! I will try this asap! If not, I will absolutely contact FitBit with my issue! It sounds as if they are very generous with their customers!

      Delete
  2. My fitbit started to irritate my skin so I've had to stop wearing it. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie, Have you let them know of this issue? Their design team might consider making a model with material that isn't prone to irritate or be something that might cause a type of reaction. I bet that's possible!

      Delete
  3. Hi Sean,

    Please write to Fitbit customer service. They are amazing! They respond promptly and will do everything they can to help you out. Do give them a go.

    Cheers,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great looking food there. Glad life is treating you so good:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, thank you! I love the food i prepare and enjoy!

      Delete
  5. Sean, I still have my original Fitbit. One time, it did not work, and the site gave instructions (In troubleshooting in one of the message boards) for resetting it and it worked. Yours is a different model, but sure you could find the same. I want some of that veggie pizza!!!!

    Dede

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Dede--that pizza, sooooooo good!!! I'll get proactive on this FitBit thing. I miss wearing it, for sure!

      Delete
  6. Sean, what made you start calculating your food in grams instead of oz.? Just wondering. Hope you get your Fitbit up and running soon - contacting the company should help.
    N~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, great question! Often it depends on the most accurate listing I can find in MyFitnessPal. Other times, I'll find a food listed by 100g portions...and adjusting the grams is the easiest way to get an accurate count.
      And mainly it's for accuracy. It's not always grams, though. For instance, the most accurate listing for fresh pear is "by the ounce," same with fresh peaches.
      The accuracy comes into play on something like tortilla chips--where it says a serving is 12 chips or 28g. I've counted out 12 and found it to be much more and on some oocasions, less... but if I weigh it to the gram--there's no question. Same is true for sour cream two tablespoons is supposedly 30g...but my version of a tablespoon might be much more or less--so, I'd rather weigh it to the gram--especially when I want the half serving 15g count.
      My digital food scales at home and at work weigh in grams and ounces. I really enjoy the accuracy and certainty of it all.
      Yes on the fitbit..I'll be handling that asap!

      Delete
  7. Sean, definitely contact Fitbit about your device. They will probably send you a new one. I have a friend who simply lost hers and they sent her a new one, no charge! Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, thank you--I will do this! I really want to upgrade to the HR model--but if I can keep a flex and not be out the money--that would be better for my budget!

      Delete
  8. UGH. My Fitbit never worked right or was it the operator? Haha. I was going to bring it back but then never did.. like a ding dong! I think a yr is pretty good amount of time for it though.
    Food looks amazing as usual!
    :)
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rosie! Awe, that fitbit maybe needs adjusting is all.... Have you tried to work with their customer service? From what I hear, it's amazing service!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.